Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the first soda can that I tossed up, using a .22 unit and 1911 frame, from a ccw draw. I got to fire 50 rds of .22 on that escape, and dryfire and gunhandle for 2 days. Then 7 more years of prison passed, and I tried it again. I missed twice, then started hitting pretty regularly. How many can do that NOW, with YEARS of constant and recent practice, hmm? They just aint FAST enough, CAN'T get a sight picture and control the trigger well enough, to make such draws and hits, from ccw.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A man I know was amazed and very pleased to see a guy toss a soda can, miss it with Taurus compact DAO .45, and then hit it with second shot, still in the air. :)

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
andy said:
I hit the first soda can that I tossed up, using a .22 unit and 1911 frame, from a ccw draw. I got to fire 50 rds of .22 on that escape, and dryfire and gunhandle for 2 days. Then 7 more years of prison passed, and I tried it again. I missed twice, then started hitting pretty regularly. How many can do that NOW, with YEARS of constant and recent practice, hmm? They just aint FAST enough, CAN'T get a sight picture and control the trigger well enough, to make such draws and hits, from ccw.
What escape? You never escaped from anywhere. Don't you think I would know this? Your into this desparado mode, which your NOT! How many times are you going to repeat this lie? You meekly surrendered to the USM twice, then gave yourself up on a phone call. This Jesse James line is pure horse hockey. A desparate brave man on the run? More like a sordid drug dealer living in a dream world.

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
Only a moron would "escape" an unfenced release facility because he couldn't wait a couple of days. An because of it, you parole was extended, how many decades? Live the reality, not the fantasy.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
After 7 more years as a convicted felon, here you are, in print, admitting you busted your parole.

Last time I looked, convicted felons weren't even allowed to touch a gun, yet here you freely admit doing so.

So much for being careful...

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
GoonKid's a stone, cold victim is S ever does HTF. He's so damn stupid, he can't avoid getting caught in peacetime, with no pressure, for being a scumbag drug dealer. Then, Mr Know-It-All, get slammed again because he can't hide the fact that he's shooting. He never did escape. He surrendered over the phone. Mr Badass DIDN'T shoot it out over his "freedom" when he DID have guns, he just meekly surrendered. His survival plan is to go back to the slammer where he feels comfortable.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not a great pistol shooter

But, I have shot bottles and cans with a .22 out of the air. It's dangerous, and I'd only do it with only one person present, one of the handful of guys I trust as safe gun handlers.

Draw the .22, lock your forearms and lean your head down into a "sites aligned" picture. Swing your arms up and down a few times with the arms locked and eyes locked on the sights. Practice the swing a few times, making sure you're keeping the sights aligned. Then get your trusted friend to toss a bottle/can up. OK, we "cheat". We shoot when the tossed object reaches maximum height, and pauses but that brief instant, before it falls. Shoot the pause.

A friend and I who'd been shooting for years together decided to try it one day. We both got hits within a few tries.

Can I draw and hit a can you toss up. Nope. Maybe a few times in 50. Maybe not at all...

But we had fun doing something new. And my bud was totally shocked at my suggestion, but went along. When I hit it on the second or third try, I told him how I did it and he pulled it off within a few tries too.

But that was ten years ago, at least, at a time the friend and I were shooting .22 pistols a lot and had been for years.

I don't think that makes me any kind of hardcore shooter, just something I tried one day with a friend with whom I'd been shooting with very much for about 5 or 6 years (at the time) with .22 pistols. It was fun.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trying to hit the can at the instant of its peak is a mistake. It leads to flinching. Instead, aim at the bottom of the can as it falls, keep the gun moving, and press the trigger. You'll hit it. A very easy way to learn is with primer only wax loads in the .45. Start with a 2 gallon can, carefully tossed almost straight up, by a guy to your side,, and right behind you. You'll hit it, and the range will be about 3 ft from your muzzle. After a few hits, move down to a gallon can, then quart size, soda can, concentrated juice can, then 1" rocks. Then install the .22 unit and repeat, then install the .45 parts and repeat. It's easy, actually. then go back to the wax, and start tossing your own targets. Dont try to hit a can that's not tossed nicely. If it'smoving sideways as well as up and down, it's 10x harder to hit. If you can't take 1 step and pick up the tossed can, you are not tossing it optimally for good hitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts