Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Always hurts to lose a good one but I'm sure it went to a good home.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
In my case an excellent artillery Luger, But I got a great Smth&Wesson Old Old Model Russian which I love.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HB,
I spent a while trying to find a 45 LC Schofield Uberti Hide-Out, but when I did it was over $ 700.00!
I, too like the old S&W break-tops. That Russian is a 44-40, if I'm not mistaken?
SatCong

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
No SAe. it's really the original Model Number 3 except that it is chambered for the .44 Russian cartridge instead of the .44 American. Smith&wesson made about 11,ooo of them in 1874 originally for the Russian Army contract.
The Russians wanted some minor mosifications. S&W decided to sell the OOMs on the US civilian market. The modified version the Russians wanted are called Old Model Russians, S&W eventually redesigned the revolver and some years later chambered sime if them for .44-40 WCF,

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You are welcome Sat. I agree with you that the old S&W top breaks are fascinating.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
my favorites that I had to part with (massachusetts) were not pricey in dollars,but they had a bit of sentiment attached,as well as being solid shooters;

My old ruger P90.my GP100 6 inch.AnArgentino Fabricar Militar BHP clone that I horse traded for back in my overseas days with a couple of "zonas"And a bone reliable Suhl Makarov(another GI horse trade from an odd source).The Mak probably had the most icollector value due to the source and lack of import marks,but here I'll concur with Andy,I almost never had something just to "have".Id say "shooter" would have described me more than collector.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
i agree, GRIPPER!

everything i buy are users/workers!

i try to keep them nice, but hey, if they pick up a scratch or ding along the way, i live with it! there still 'mine'

hell, probably about 5 years ago my girlfriend and I, were out in the desert shooting, and i had spent a good 10minutes just setting up .300win mag

for a 'loaded' beer bottle shot at 300yards.

i had the 'beverage' cooler with backpack on top bedding the spankin' new weatherby, and went to the front of the truck for something and as my back was turned, i heard CLUNK-RATTLE-CLUNK [i knew exactly what happend, without turning around] yep! you guessed it !ol' sweetie-pie g.f. was pullin' a long cool frosty out of the cooler, and my'stuff' shouldn't have fallen off as she was being careful[o.k. it had already been done, anyway!]

that new rifle wears a 'nice' 'deep' ding on it's forearm to this day!

after calming down, i made the shot[1rd.] that helped!

:wavey:

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
1) Australian FN L1A1

2) TRW M14 (2nd production lot)

3) HK93 w/folding stock & 4x40 rd mags

4)Remington M788 .308 fitted w/ Bushnell Banner 4x scope and BDC

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ok he's my spilt milk list.

#1.) Ruger Redhawk .44Mag, 7-1/2" bbl, Stainless Steel, Gold Bead front V-Notch rear sights, Herret's Jordan Trooper Grips custom fit in Walnut. Polished inside and out; meaning very smooth DA trigger job.

2.) Ruger GP-100 .357, 6" bbl, Stainless Steel.

3.) Ruger MkII Target, 5-1/2" bull bbl, Stainless Steel.

4.) Colt AR-15A2, 20"bbl, converted to flat-top reciever.

5.) S. A. Inc., SAR-48 "Bush Rifle."

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Must be the pack rat in me, but I tend to keep the guns I buy. If I get rid of it, then it deserved to be gotten rid of. I guess from working with animals for so long, things that don't eat and need to have cages clean are easy to keep.

My only regrets are the guns that I SHOULD have bought, but did not.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Rich Z said:
My only regrets are the guns that I SHOULD have bought, but did not.
OK, on that note:

1). Ruger Redhawk, .357Magnum, 5-1/2"bbl, Stainless Steel.

Yup, they made one but not for very long. Now IF/WHEN I find one it'll cost me a pretty penny. :headbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts