Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eating dinner with a few family members last night, my brother's niece and her boyfriend were there as well. I'd never met the boyfriend, but was a nice enough young guy. As we're sitting there talking, I find out that this guy I'm thinking of as 'a kid' (who is in fact about my kids' age) is actually a secret service agent. Made me feel very old very sudden.

Registered
Yeah, sometimes like when I realize that a good friend's stepson had been in the Air Force for 15 years.
Or that I'm creating and sending this message on a hand held device that would be the work of pure Science Fiction when I graduated from High School

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or that I'm creating and sending this message on a hand held device that would be the work of pure Science Fiction when I graduated from High School
Isn't that the truth? We regular citizens carry stuff in our pockets that James Bond didn't have ten or fifteen years ago. When I left nasa in 1993, we were still using big 8" floppy drives that only were 80k capacity; and that was in the mission control center. Time marches on, I guess all we can do is try to not trampled by it.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
I remember a Science Fiction story about everyone carrying a phone that you could put in your pocket and call anywhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People taking and answering calls on their smart watches always make me think of the old Dick Tracy comic strip. All we鈥檙e missing are the flying trash cans with crutches attached.

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts