Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
if shtf, OBVIOUSLY, you are safer if you do'nt go abroad in daylight, so you'd better set things up to live that way, at least for a year. OBVIOUSlY, you are safer if you remain undetected, so OBVIOUSLY, you need AT LEAST one silenced .22 auto.

MAYBE you can make a handgun suffice for when you need a quiet shot(s), if you are highly skilled and it's one helluva pistol. I wouldn't bet an oz of gold on it, much less my life, and I've got nearly 1/4 million rds fired, almost all in high speed pistol practice, and yes, I can stand there, with ear protection, unsupported, in practice, in good light, and hit more than miss on 10" disks at 100 yds, with a match 1911. anyone ready to bet enough money to make it worth my while to go to Mexico, I'll show just HOW ignorant Garand is about my ability with guns. :) 10k will suffice and will teach you SUCH a good lesson!

obviously, you want to avoid flash at night, a good silencer takes care of at least enough of that to be no worse at the muzzle than at the ejection port.

OBVIOUSLY, you don't want to have to travel far if shtf. the roads and highways will be death traps. only about 10% of the population is healthy enough and financially ABLE to leave "early enough" They CANNOT abandon homes, jobs, bizes, pull kids from school, etc, until it's basically too late, and the roads are full of stopsticks, shot up, flat-tired cars. anyone can set up a roadblock and monitor it. wtf you gonna do about it? if they know anything, they'll set it up where you CANT drive around it. and where you can't see it in advance, and where they can shoot the **** out of you if you try to clear it, back up, turn around, etc.

In such a scenario, all you can do is keep sacrficing one guy at a time on a motorcycle, riding out front a few miles, while you wait for the "clear", move a few miles. A hunk of small OD cable, stretched at hub height, will do for him, especially at night. How many sets of NVD's have you? :) The cable is stretched not at 90 degrees across the road, but more like 30 degrees, so as to guide him and his bike off into the trees. Have you got a secondary muffler on the bike, making it very quiet? :) If he's only going 20 mph when he hits it, he might survive, the bike might, too. If nobody is monitoring the cable at the time and if he doesn't scream, you might slide by THAT one.

even if you're already living on your homestead, ,you'll have to abandon it if shtf, cause no way in hell can you defend it. Any sniper can pick off your dogs, livestock and YOU. You can't stay up all night guarding your fields and storehouses. it takes a score of able bodied adults to do that, and they'll bring dozens more you hadn't planned for, count on THAT! and some of them will have contagious diseases, count on that, too. HIstory proves it. In times of duress, diseases go apeshyte.

you need not go FAR from your buildings/stores, but you'd better have a hidden dugout that you can access, and buried food. Need not be a really burdensome amount of food. 5 35 gallon drums per adult will suffice, IF you can grow sprouts if you have non-hybrid seeds, and IF you know enough to gtfo of cold country, asap.

"off road" doesnt work very FAR, in most of the country, with more than a mountainbike. CAuse you''ll come to a body of water, cliff, etc, that stops you. Even thick brush suffices to stop 4 wheeled vehicles. and it can damned sure make travel zig zag, and slow, wasting a literal ton of fuel. Snowmobiles can work wonders, IF there's snow. Some areas, a small power boat, even a ski-doo, would work, if there's enough water in the direction that you need to go

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
When did you get an "ability" with Handguns Melvin? Certainly not during your time of failure as an "IPSC God".

Reactions: BigEd
1 - 4 of 4 Posts