Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to prevent you SUCCESSFULLY suing them, for blowing up your gun with their ammo. If your barrel does NOT say .45 Super, they can establish that YOU are at fault, for stupidly using the "wrong' ammo in a gun.

.45 ACP brass is VERY capable of getting 165 gr jhp's to 1400 fps, in a 6" barrel. Dean Grennell and Mason williams proved that, 30 years ago, WITHOUT modern powders OR heavy recoil and mainsprings, and WITHOUT fully supported barrels. They just used 10.0 grs of Unique, that's all. Today's poosies "think" 165 grs at 1200 lousy fps is 'hot" in a 1911. That's a JOKE, man.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I can chamber 44 Magnums in my old S&W 44 Triple Lock but that doesn't mean that I'm going to shoot them. You've probably never seen a KABOOM. I have and won't take the chance.

RIKA

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
External diminsions ARE identical between .45 ACP and .45 Suoer;that said,its all internal that you have to be RERAL careful;case head&web ismUCH stronger in the super.If(and when I get out from under the Ma. gun laws)I get legal here again and started up with the handloading for .45,if I had one>45acp converted to super,I'd have the same done to ANY .45 acp I owned.I' was always a careful sort when it came to handloads;you DON't want to mix upSuper and ACP in anything not rated for the Super.Of course, if you have a Super,you can safely ( and in most guns,reliably) feed and fire ALL factory .45ACP & +P stuff in the same gun. Get a .400 Corbon barrel made&you have a 3 caliber,2 barrel set up.OK .400 corbon is probably easy to find at retail shelf level,butI like having options.
Hell,thats probably the reason I favor large steel or polymer frame .40's with strong lock ups;swap around to .357 Sig when the spirit moved you.
I guess I liked the bottlenecks in auto pistols ever since I started up with the 7.62X25's back in the 80's(GI days). Sorry to go :eek:fftopic:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts