Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use the stuff. I want to try it but am skeptical of their claim and actual results.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I too am interested in the Otis LifeLiner: http://www.otisgun.com/cgistore/sto...up=1&ida=229&idp=0&his=0&cart_id=4375000.7916

I have tried to find reviews on it and found only one guy who used it on an old Mauser, a Ruger Mini 6.8 and a 10-22 on ar15.com. From what he was describing the Mauser was shot out and the Rugers were new.

My thoughts on what little I found so far are: This product seems to help fill in pitting in guns with bad barrels. I really don't know how much good it will do with a good barrel to begin with. I think that the process, covering a bullet and shooting it is a unique way to apply the treatment. my guess is, if this stuff is not some Snake Oil (I have used Otis products in the past and although pricy at times, they have worked as advertised), the combination of centrifugal force, and and laws of physics causes the "gel" to slide down the Ogive of the bullet, gets pressed into the "pores" (pits, small surface imperfections) of the barrel like spackle being applied to drywall and is then fired like glazing on ceramic pottery by the gunpowder. It gets done 30 times along the way.

The question is would it be worth applying to a new barrel? Or is is a good product for use on all those old Moisin-Nagants and Mausers? How about those AKs and SKSs that just can't shoot a group smaller than the barn door?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I used a product called Ultra Bore Coat. You have to really really clean the bore, then run some additional degreaser through it, then apply the bore coat.. After it dries, then just shoot it normally. I have noted that it is easier to clean... and takes about half the amount of patches... Don't use brushes anymore, other than nylon..
For me, it just aids in the cleanup...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have tried to find reviews on it and found only one guy who used it on an old Mauser, a Ruger Mini 6.8 and a 10-22 on ar15.com. From what he was describing the Mauser was shot out and the Rugers were new.

My thoughts on what little I found so far are: This product seems to help fill in pitting in guns with bad barrels. I really don't know how much good it will do with a good barrel to begin with. I think that the process, covering a bullet and shooting it is a unique way to apply the treatment. my guess is, if this stuff is not some Snake Oil (I have used Otis products in the past and although pricy at times, they have worked as advertised), the combination of centrifugal force, and and laws of physics causes the "gel" to slide down the Ogive of the bullet, gets pressed into the "pores" (pits, small surface imperfections) of the barrel like spackle being applied to drywall and is then fired like glazing on ceramic pottery by the gunpowder. It gets done 30 times along the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts