Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was fun while it lasted, but I am outta here. I no longer want to be associated with this forum in any way shape or form.

As a well respected memebr of the shooting community, I see no need to get down and roll in the gutter with the likes of andy. The guy virtually dominates this forum and in my view, the owner of the forum has done the entire shooting community a diservice by allowing the type of behavior I see going on around here to continue.

Armslocker.com is without a doubt the cess pool of Internet shooting forums. I don't see how any of you guys can possibly be proud of what you have going here. I am ashamed of myself for even signing up.

I am going back over to Brian's forum where people know something about shooting. Why on earth should I hang with trolls like Andy when I can correspond via the Web with the very best shooters and the finest ambassadors of the shooting community? :headbang:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ankeny, why don't you visit my forum here. It's called GBullet's Place and it was established to maintain intellegent and fun exchanges.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
DON'T let the door hit ya, nobody asked ya to come here. It was your choice, and nobody's going to give a crap if you leave. The problem here aint ME, and what's more you KNOW it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
DON'T let the door hit ya, nobody asked ya to come here. It was your choice, and nobody's going to give a crap if you leave. The problem here aint ME, and what's more you KNOW it.
Yet, the same problems persist on every site you are on. The sites are different, the people are different, except there is one thing that is the same - you, GunKid.

You are the problem, and you know it. All attempts to deal with you like an adult (or even a well behaved child) have met in failure.

You have repeatedly shown yourself to be incapable of any rational debate, or even slight courtesy.

You may lie to yourself about not being the problem, but after getting kicked off of virtually every single site on the internet, it's pretty clear where the problem lies.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ankeny said:
I am outta here. I no longer want to be associated with this forum in any way shape or form.... As a well respected memebr of the shooting community, I see no need to get down and roll in the gutter with the likes of andy. The guy virtually dominates this forum ... Armslocker.com is without a doubt the cess pool of Internet shooting forums... I'm going back over to Brian's forum where people know something about shooting. Why on earth should I hang with trolls like Andy when I can correspond via the Web with the very best shooters and the finest ambassadors of the shooting community?

Ankeny, you have insulted us all as well as andy. As a "well respected member of the shooting community" you are welcome to exit this "cess pool of Internet shooting forums" and go where you can "correspond with the very best shooters and finest ambassadors of the shooting community".

Well Mr. High and Mighty Judgemental type, I for one think that most all of our members here are extremely knowledgable shooters of high moral character and with values as good or better than yours. We may have to put up with andy but manage to pass plenty of good info without your help and tough sh!t if you get your little blue nose out of joint.

As andy would say, don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ as you leave. Good riddance. Crud, at 49 years old, I would have thought you would have grown up a little bit.

RIKA

·
Registered
86 Posts
Brian's is a really great site. You're right about that. Most are a tad different. I liked those posts of yours I saw. But in the end when the crap starts flying I just remember that this isn't real, this is the internet. And if it stops being fun, stop.

Best regards and good shooting.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I think this Forum's good. I don't mind Mr. Personalities, I've dealt with his kind for almost half my life. He's comic relief. I'm sorry if Ankeny didn't find us to his taste, but last time I looked it was a free country. Ankeny, good luck to you.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Ankeny said:
Well it was fun while it lasted, but I am outta here. I no longer want to be associated with this forum in any way shape or form.

As a well respected memebr of the shooting community, I see no need to get down and roll in the gutter with the likes of andy. The guy virtually dominates this forum and in my view, the owner of the forum has done the entire shooting community a diservice by allowing the type of behavior I see going on around here to continue.

Armslocker.com is without a doubt the cess pool of Internet shooting forums. I don't see how any of you guys can possibly be proud of what you have going here. I am ashamed of myself for even signing up.

I am going back over to Brian's forum where people know something about shooting. Why on earth should I hang with trolls like Andy when I can correspond via the Web with the very best shooters and the finest ambassadors of the shooting community? :headbang:
So after wallowing around in the cesspool like this:
Ankeny said:
I wondered what andy got busted for. Drugs sounds reasonable, that's why his brain is fried. From all the tough talk I would have pegged him for a child molester or wife beater.
Mr High and mighty wipes the crap off of his chin and believes he is above all this? Yeah right. YOU are part of the problem, bud. Remember that next time you look into a mirror at the guy looking back at you.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Now thats the IPSC attitude I grew to hate!

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Garand - are you speaking of "Mister Holier Than Thou", or my rubbing his nose in his own droppings?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rich Z:

Guilty as charged, that's why I am splitting. It's not that I am better than you guys, it's just this forum makes it too easy for me to behave like a dick. Yeah, I made some really $hit posts and I am ashamed of them and I aplologize.

You nailed it, I am wiping the crap off of my chin and hauling a$$ for greener pastures. You will get no argument from me on that count. When I look in the mirror I will see a guy who knows there is a right way and a wrong way to behave on the Internet. The behavior I see on this site, including my own, is just plain wrong.

For the rest of you guys. I contribute to several shooting forums. I use my real name as my username on all of the forums. I don't hide behind Internet anonymity. Folks know who I am, where I live, and so on. If you have a problem with me, look me up the next time you travel through Wyoming.

PS

Andy, if you read this, will you please send me an e-mail? I want to tell you a few things. My addy is [email protected]

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Rich, from the 21st October;

I don't have a hard on for gamers, just the a**holes in each club, the "elitists" who ruin the sport. A good shooter is a good shooter whatever he/she chooses to shoot. Its just the idiots who think they are god's gift because they shoot IPSC. Its basicly those few, whose attitude has ruined IPSC. But IPSC is still NOT reality. Shooting any competition teaches you a proficiency with your chosen firearm. So Ankeny, gunkid tells us he was a hotshot in the '70s in IPSC, how can we verify the facts?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Ankeny said:
Rich Z:

Guilty as charged, that's why I am splitting. It's not that I am better than you guys, it's just this forum makes it too easy for me to behave like a dick. Yeah, I made some really $hit posts and I am ashamed of them and I aplologize.

You nailed it, I am wiping the crap off of my chin and hauling a$$ for greener pastures. You will get no argument from me on that count. When I look in the mirror I will see a guy who knows there is a right way and a wrong way to behave on the Internet. The behavior I see on this site, including my own, is just plain wrong.

For the rest of you guys. I contribute to several shooting forums. I use my real name as my username on all of the forums. I don't hide behind Internet anonymity. Folks know who I am, where I live, and so on. If you have a problem with me, look me up the next time you travel through Wyoming.

PS

Andy, if you read this, will you please send me an e-mail? I want to tell you a few things. My addy is [email protected]
Well that certainly makes a lot of sense. I asked of everyone here to tone things down and try to make this a respectable site with your own actions. I put in moderators to help out, but did it? Rather than help clean up the mess you just want to leave it laying on the floor and "haul ass for greener pastures"? Why, so you can mess them up as well after helping do that here?

This site would be a psych major's goldmine for thesis material.

Andy was actually getting better at controlling his posts, in my opinion, and in return nearly everyone else was getting worse. I am not defending Andy, but from what I have seen what the hell do you expect from someone that you all chase all over the internet just to harrass? You are getting exactly what you have asked for. Nothing more, nothing less.

None of you who place so much emphasis on self control when handling your firearms can control yourself when sitting at the keyboard? Incredible....

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Well, that last post was quite telling. I remember when there were 2 views and 0 replies to this thread and I was going to post that it's much more of an asylum than a cesspool. To Rich's credit, he edits the posts of both sides fairly from what I have seen, yet still allows everyone to post. In my opinion, therein is wisdom.

People have passionate opinions that often appear to change with the tides; a seemingly insulting person can turn into a wealth of knowledge and vice versa, ironically enough.

Ron, I appreciate your posts. If you jet for good, so be it but I welcome you lurking. I enjoyed your posts both on this forum and on THR for what it's worth.

Humanity, by its nature, grows, adapts and learns from those who are on the fringe. Andy, gunkid, John, .223fan, etc. is one of the people that truly polarizes us one way or another. Some people, when faced with his presence, choose to spit and cuss, reject everything he says... others will follow blindly, as if hypnotized by a messiah incognito. Most fall in between.

I think what Rich has done here is special in its own twisted way. At the same time, I've been a member of more forums than probably anyone else here (maybe save Gunkid ;) ) but I HAVE used the same username 'krept' in all of them. People know who GK is by his posting style anyhow, so I don't buy he's hiding from anyone.

The bottom line is that this is a pretty good place to chill out, all things considering. Fortunately, nobody is forced here. Fortunately, Rich is a pretty cool cat that allows a lot of stuff to slide while also "cleaning the sewer" so to speak, from time to time when needed.

The thing that I find the most humerous about the whole situation is that it's a love-hate kind of thing with GK.. mostly loving to hate. He makes good points beneath a thick veneer of piss and vinegar that people either get or mindlessly reject. I've reiterated his points a couple of times... the ones that I truly feel have merit... and have been met with a stone wall of silence. Fortunately, I'm one of the crazy ones that can revel in the humor of arguing with myself ad infinitum.

So I'll reiterate his good points, rebut him when I feel he's wrong and hope that everyone else here continues doing what they've been doing since i've joined. I get a big kick out of the smack talk from both sides, because when it comes down to it, we're all an easy target if that's what's called for.

Cheers Ron. We'll see ya around.

To everyone else, I salute you!

Erik

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rich:

I don't know what to say. I acknowledged my behavior was unacceptable and I apologized for posting innapropriate remarks. In return you say something like, "Rather than help clean up the mess you just want to leave it laying on the floor and "haul ass for greener pastures"? Why, so you can mess them up as well after helping do that here?"

The reason I decided to leave the mess on the floor was because you posted in another thread about pulling the moderators, discontinuing your own moderation, and just letting the guys have at one another. You made the decision to leave your own house a mess. I could stay around and try to add some sanity to some of the crazy stuff that's happening, but my sense is you have decided to throw in the towel and abandon the site.

Garand:

I am sorry you had such a bad experience in IPSC. FWIW, you couldn't be more wrong about my contributions to the sport. I give freely of my time and money in an effort to see the sport grow. I am just a good old boy out in the middle of Wyoming trying to promote recreational shooting. As anyone in this state can tell you, I do everything within my power to bring new shooters on board. I make them feel welcome, offer them support, loan them gear, and so on. I am the guy setting up stages 4 hours before the shooters arrive, I tear down, build the props, repair the facilities, do the statistics and so on. I even chartered our IPSC club. All without pay. How dare you, through your innuendo, accuse me of being detrimental to the sport? The only thing you can judge me by is my actions on this board, which I admit were a mistake. You are painting with an awefully wide brush.

To the rest of the crowd. I think I'll stick around for just a little while longer, but I will not get down and roll in the gutter with any of you.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Nobody has ever established that a damned thing I've posted was/is incorrect. A lot of guys don't LIKE facing the reality of what ranges, speeds, power levels, tactics etc, are by far the most common or make the most sense, but that's tough. YOu WISH you had a bigger dick, but you don't, so you make up for it, (you think) by having this big, heman gun. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I'm GLAD that the dumbass had such a bad experience in IPSC. Wouldn't want a shithead hanging around where he might actually learn something of value. 10 to 1 odds that's why they ran him off in the first place.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ok Melvn looks like you pretty well f'ed up another forum.....

And according to some I guess I'm guilty for not just ignoring the $hit-monkey* oh well it's hard to ignore him when he messes up forums and you have to go prospecting for decent threads in it.

*Term taken from the fact that some monkeys and apes will sling $hit at people or animals they don't like.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Don't blame John for it, Todd. If it had been contained with his posts alone, it could have been dealt with. Look at the number of posts made by other members here who were just as bad, or in some cases, worse. THAT is the problem.

Someone (or ones) want very badly to get me to ban John Davis from this site and have gone to extraordinary lengths to try to get me to do that. Sorry, but I don't dance to your tune. And it pleases me no end that you have now gotten exactly the opposite of what you have strived for.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
andy said:
Nobody has ever established that a damned thing I've posted was/is incorrect. A lot of guys don't LIKE facing the reality of what ranges, speeds, power levels, tactics etc, are by far the most common or make the most sense, but that's tough. YOu WISH you had a bigger dick, but you don't, so you make up for it, (you think) by having this big, heman gun. :)
I listed 7 instances where you have given ludicrous observations. I could add an eighth with your "clean your ccw once a year" statement. Did you state that or not?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts