Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Father's day my son bought me a paintball gun, gloves and full face protection. At first I refused to play because, like most people familiar with guns, I don't like pointing them at people. I could see his feelings were badly hurt, so of course I gave in after a trip to the sports shop for additional protective gear, (NOT Wal-Mart stuff) and had the guns chronographed to 295 FPS. We basically experimented with the guns than had a mock stalk or two and I had to admit it was fun. Last Saturday was his Bachelor's party and as Best Man I set up a full blown paint ball competion with two six man teams from the wedding party. It was a real ball, everybody loved it and thanked me for a great time. Then came Sunday morning. I was so sore it took me three tries to get out of bed. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I had 8 or 9 good size welts, but it really was the muscle soreness that was killing me. Thank God I was designated driver. If I had woken up with a hangover on top of that, I probably would of checked in to the emergency ward. Anyway, it WAS fun. It also reminded me I'm not a ninetenn year old infantryman anymore.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Sounds like fun Terry. When I was a pup, we played paintball. Want pain? Back then no one chrono'ed their paintballs, and ranges didn't set limits. Well, the more wealthy older people we played against, cranked their velocity regulators all the way up and like to hit us in the head and groin (yes, we had protection, but it went way beyond the normal welts).

'Course we got even, we froze half our balls (didn't have the $$ for our own regulators) and dutch loaded them.

But the regulated ranges indoor/outdoor are much safer and a lot more fun.

Keep up with it if you can, give the young 'uns a run for their money!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Speaking of paintball:

Marbles+Nitrogen= "It wasn't me, I swear!!":evilgrin:

:sidestep:

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I played quite a bit of paintball in the late 80's & early 90's. (My gun was a Sheridan VM-60; that'll tell you how long ago it was.)

...had the guns chronographed to 295 FPS....

Try Simunition sometime. 9mm/.38 caliber at 425 fps. They sting. :blush: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts