Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ditto the pair of alloy 1911's, the chopped .22 unit, the .460 slide group, etc.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Gee, I spent about $1200 on two of my shorty AR's. You must really be getting ripped if you are shelling out that much.

Mike

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thats just gunkid bs. We know where he gets his REAL stuff.

Gunkid buys his equipment from the 'ho down in the hood who fronts for the homies. People are known by their equipment.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
why not describe in detail what you beleive constitutes a proberly set up CAR?

I suspect your math is way off...

People can check out sites like Model1sales to get an idea of costs (they are neither the cheapest nor the most expensive, but they do have a lot of interesting kits...)

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Raider said:
Thats just gunkid bs. We know where he gets his REAL stuff.

Gunkid buys his equipment from the 'ho down in the hood who fronts for the homies. People are known by their equipment.

RIKA
:laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Aslan said:
why not describe in detail what you beleive constitutes a proberly set up CAR?
I agree. That might actually spark an interesting discussion of opinions.

Me, personally:

Two CAR-15’s, both with –

- telestocks,
- front-carry horizontal slings,
- standard CAR-length handguards
- Advanced Armament quick-mount for suppressor

Differences –

- only one has scope (Leupold compact)
- one has A1 sights, one has A2 (both are fixed carry-handle)

I very much like how they’re set up. I’ve considered tritium sights, but the Leupold gathers light so well, I can see better with it at night than I can with the naked eye. Which means better than the naked eye, even with tritium sights. Still, wouldn’t be a bad idea to have them, in case something happened to the scope.

Obviously, having a second, matched suppressor would be nice, but the QD mounts on both guns let it swap instantly between them. The .22 Ciener kit, I’ve babbled on about before, and like a lot. (It works fine in my older gun, but is unreliable [so far] in my new one. Jury’s still out on that…)

One’s a Bushmaster, bought at a local gunshop. The second is one I pieced together. Bought a lower at a show, and ordered a Model One kit to finish out.

That’s it; total right at $2,950-$3,000

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 3 upper, one 10" barrel, one 18" Match barrel, both canned. both fluted barrels, That right there is $3000 for the pair, with the cheapest can going and the $200 tax. optical sight for the 10", scopes for both, trigger jobs for both, luminous sights for both, ambi safety for both, .22 units for both. folding stock for the 10". free float tubes for both. really should have said $6000, but I was leaving out the can part, since not 1 guy in 100 will ever get one, or have the balls and ability to make his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts