Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K.

I've heard the Second Amendment read to mean that you,me,even the dipstick down the street are the "Militia".Not the steroetypical neo-Nazi skinhead camo clad "I hate the .gov!" persons.[well,really them too.Just not in the capacity that they think that they are.I view them more as cannon fodder.I digress..]

Anyways,the militia is supposed to be armed similarly to our regular armed forces.That's what I've been led to believe anyways.

The problem is that we aren't.& w/the exception of a very few,we'll never be.

The most gung ho collector ,the guy w/all the machineguns,suppressors,& destructive devices-let alone the Claymores,tanks,artillery pieces & etc.-will at best be able to field a very well armed Vietnam era mini army.

Think Executive Outcomes.The now defunct mercanary group made up of a few South African soldiers & expierienced soldiers for hire.They numbered in the low hundreds & were able to field only small arms w/the exception IIRC of 1 or 2 Soviet helicopters,a small passenger jet (DC3?),& a few armored vehicles.These folks put a major hurt on a gang numbering in the thousands in Africa & there decisive victory apparently made the UN nervous.

Anyways,they wouldn't stand half a chance against the UN-let alone our National Guard.

I feel that we,as gun owners,are letting the .gov slowly strangle us.It's simple really,they(gov)make a few laws like the Assault Weapons Ban,the Presidential edicts to ban civilian sales of new full-autos,the import of certain guns & ammo & etc.What did these do?

A full auto mac 9/11 NIB is now about $3500+/-.So?Well,a Mac anything isn't a modern weapon similar to what the regular Army fields.A full auto M-16 is what?,$15,000?

Ten years ago,we could buy steel cored 7.62x39 ammo for our(obsolete) SKS & AK rifles.Gone now.We can still buy cheap 7.62x39 lead core but to what end?It'll be usefull in a fight but won't likely be the end all-they good stuff is NLA!

I've been listening on other boards about the availability of surplus 7.62x51.What I've "heard" is that the good Aussie & Port ammo supply is drying up.What then?As has been pointed out the 7.62x51,while being used effectively in Iraq & Afganistan,is just a stop gap solution.The proposed 6.8mm cartridge will supplant its use sooner or later.If there had been no IraqII war then I believe that the 7.62x51 (& the M-14/M-1A rifles) would continue to be wall hangers gathering dust.Obsolete.When the cheap ammo supply is gone how many of the tens of thousands will practice when their ammo supply cost goes up by a factor of 10?Very very few.& the weapon will not be comparable to the current regular Army weapon anyways....

What's my point?Well,I think that the .gov (w/backing by the UN most likely) is letting us(u,me,our friends,& fellow gun owners/hobbyists)play for a while.I think that they are going to let us have a good time for a while & then pull the rug out from under us(confiscate the guns or not-it won't really matter as they will become only effective against other citizens-not the people that our Constitution needs defending from)

What's the answer?
I'd like to see the sale of FA weapons made available again.The owners of the current guns would take a hit as their apparent value plummeted but,really,so what?As long as both current Russian,European,& American small arms are available then I think that that would make be,at least a stop gap measure towards .gov/UN total control.

We will never have access to the rest of the militaries hardware so I think that it would behoove us to push for the reversal of a few existing laws.To better level the (possible)playing field.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
maybe YOU don't know how to cost Big Brother 100's of billions of $, but I do, and if need be, I will post it all OVER the net. No profit in the economy, no taxes. NO taxes means no money to pay the jbt's. Simple economics. It's EASY to derail trains, blow up supertankers, knock holes in propane tanks, piplelines, water towers, transformers, poison the food supply, train dogs to dive under gas tanks of black limos, Burn CA off of the map,etc, etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I thought dogs were color blind, how do you train them to dive under the black limos and avoid the dark blue and red ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts