Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my C&R license, I have been shooting rifles quite a bit more than I usually did. One thing I noticed immediately was that Yugoslavian steel butt plate Mausers and M-44 Mosin-Nagant's are not T-shirt rifles. I tried my shooting jacket, but it's just too bloody hot for Summer wear. My son who used to work at Gander Mountain, suggested the slip on PAST system. One pad that goes on like a reverse shoulder holster. It's amazing. Because it basically just covers the shoulder pocket area, you hardly notice it. Felt recoil just about reduced to zip. If you enjoy shooting guns that have a heavy recoil, I would strongly suggest this $30.00 investment. I bought mine from Cabela's.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I haven't got a PAST shoulder pad yet but I'll bet that I could pay for it in Absorbine JR sales in a year. Just kidding, I don't bruise or get sore easily but it will be a great help.

I AM going to order one. That Nagant hurts.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raider said:
I haven't got a PAST shoulder pad yet but I'll bet that I could pay for it in Absorbine JR sales in a year. Just kidding, I don't bruise or get sore easily but it will be a great help.

I AM going to order one. That Nagant hurts.

RIKA
RIKA, I know REAL men don't admit to recoil bothering them, but after 30 or so rounds of 8MM Mauser or 7.62MM from a Mosin-Nagant, it stops being fun. It's not so bad in the late Fall or Winter when you dress for it, but warm weather makes it uncomfortable. This PAST is great.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ya know Terry,if ya let on that men are sensitive then sooner or later wimmen'll think we're = & then,aaagggh!,they'll want to vote or sumpin.

:noevil: :beer:

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
I got my PAST pad for shooting the AR 15 in Service Rifle competition because the stock was too short. The pad added just the right length. Now when I want to shoot 50 to 80 rds out of my Remington M700 in .30-06 my shoulder doesn't feel a thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts