Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is just STUPID, and that's all that the Mak is good for, is plinking. Sure, it MIGHT stop a guy with a chest hit. So might a .22lr. In fact, THOUSANDS of guys have been stopped with .22 hits. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
And I'll bet the Russians would confirm thousands have been stopped by a mak as well. The point is you get what you think will do the job in the smallest, most reliable package. Your opinion is just that yours, doesn't mean it's the only opinion or certainly not the best and there are plenty out there how think the mak is a fine carry piece.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Once again andy demonstrates his ignorance of the way modern ammo performs in the MAK.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
He's just making noise again. He take's these stupid wrong-headed stands about subjects he has NO first hand knowledge about and then is not man enought to admit he's wrong. ANOTHER sign of mental illness. The difference between a non-+P 9MM 115 Grain HP and a 115 Grain HP 9X18 is minimal. I sincerely doubt anybody shot with either would notice the difference. The real question is the weapon. I'm big into C&R's, but I don't own a Star BM. Never appealed to me, and I read it was fragile, unreliable, and had poor accuracy. The non +P bothered me also, not because I planned on using it for defense, but because it tells me the weapon is not strongly made. John made his stupid statements on a Makarov board and got beat over the head with so many negative comment's he left with his tail between his legs. He came back later and got banned. He was "Ghost" there.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I've always practiced with the same rds that I have competed with, cost isn't as important as the quality of the practice! Generally these days the Ruger Bull Barrel is kept for possible survival use if the balloon ever went up and for those "dog & pony shows" that I put on about 3 times a year to allow the non shooters that I know to experience the joy of shooting.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
is just STUPID, and that's all that the Mak is good for, is plinking. Sure, it MIGHT stop a guy with a chest hit. So might a .22lr. In fact, THOUSANDS of guys have been stopped with .22 hits. :)
Hmmm, 265 ft/lbs with a .363" pre-frag hollowpoint is just a plinking round?

Ah, Grasshopper, you have been been reading too many comic books and not practicing your kung fu again.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Even if it costs 10 or even 20 times as much, so what?

It costs me more to plink with my .45 than it does to plink with my .22, but I still do so. Why?

it's fun, and I can...

sounds like a case of envy and trying to rationalize it away.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
There is nothing wrong with sub-caliber training. It's cost effective and teaches good gun skills. BUT, you must practice with your combat or self-defense rounds to be proficient. Shooting a brick of .22LR is not the same as shooting 500 rounds of 9X18MM, .223, or .45 ACP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts