Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

People just LIKE being inept, showing

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  84 C4 
#1 ·
off how much money they can BLOW on lots of different guns and stuff, rather than be highly skilled with a few, truly practical models and loads.

#2 ·
How much

money they can blow?
Fact is that most dont "blow" anything but rather buy or aquire what they feel and know is needed. Just because YOU dont have as much money as most here is why you make a negitive post slamming the luxury of us that can afford such items.It Just boils down to you are just envious of us that can spend on gear and equipment that you could otherwise never afford.

#4 ·
jealous wannabe

#8 ·
hahah well I wouldn't be THAT cynical about it...

I think people are just taking the compartmentalized approach... i.e. they think of all kinds of different purposes a gun can be used for and get one to fit that niche. I DO not make enough money to get all the stuff I want like Dakota says. I have a whopping two pistols and one rifle. The other problem is that I barely even have enough time to get competent with those, so it's almost a blessing in disguise.

I feel that even with only one handgun (for example) the ability to truly master it takes a very long time. Adding different variations to that platform (i.e. different trigger reset, difft. sights, barrel, loads, etc.) all make it that much more difficult to master. I'll be the first to admit that there is probably a point of diminishing returns... meaning that for someone like Cooper, did he get THAT much more out of the last 10 years of practice with his 1911 than he did in the years before that?

But... when you throw in a .454 for Bear and shoot .45 Colt out of it every so often, get a K frame .357 for an "all around" gun, a .38 hammerless for CCW, a SIG P220ST w/light for home defense, a remington 870 for a good beater shotgun, a Benelli for sporting, a double bbl for hunting, a bolt action for long range shots, a couple military rifles for nostalgia, an AR15 for shtf, .22 rifle and pistol for cheap plinking, G23 for field use, ETC. then it might get a little difficult... and pricey... to really master a handful.

Now, would I want all of those? Sure, that would be nice. But I'm no more jealous of those who have them than you would be if I said I had, say, an Hummer 2, F150, Audi A6, McLaren, Limo, BMW, Toyota SUV, a Ducati and a Harley.

Because I'll probably never have enough $ or time to get good with a bunch, I'll focus on getting good with one handgun manual of arms and a rifle or two. That's not to say you guys with a bunch of weapons couldn't outshoot me with my own guns, it's just that you might have been that much better had you focused on a few... not meant to be a poo-poo at all. just elaborating.

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.