Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for instance, why would YOU need to forage for wild animals and millions of other people will not, hmm? They WILL and it will be accompanied by collapse of the currency and thus, no money for govt. No law, plenty will shoot you on sight, cause they wont risk you doing the same and they won't risk your competition for scarce resources, either. To make noise, or be moving around in the open, in daylight, in such hostile, well armed sort of environments is just asinine as a "strategy". So choosing single shots, bolt actions, shotguns, ANYTHING noisy and not having luminous sight inserts and concealability of your shtf longarm are just stupid. So is lugging around 3-5 lbs of centerfire pistol and ammo. it's just not capable of being worth the effort. another lb or 2 and you can have a silenced rifle, worth far more than any noisy pistol. A 1 lb pocket auto and 1/4 lb of spare mag, ok. If you want to risk having nothing more than 1.5-2 lbs of silenced .22 handgun ad ammo, go for it, but practice with it won't increase your ability with the far more effective fighting rifle. Practice with the .22lr conversion unit most assuredly DOES increase your ability with a silenced 223 autorifle.

What makes me laugh so much is how JEALOUS guys are of my ability to outthink them. :) A real survivalist would thank me for saving them time and money. So you're fake.

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
In which life threating situation have you out thought anyone who posts here?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
for instance, why would YOU need to forage for wild animals and millions of other people will not, hmm? They WILL and it will be accompanied by collapse of the currency and thus, no money for govt. No law, plenty will shoot you on sight, cause they wont risk you doing the same and they won't risk your competition for scarce resources, either. To make noise, or be moving around in the open, in daylight, in such hostile, well armed sort of environments is just asinine as a "strategy". So choosing single shots, bolt actions, shotguns, ANYTHING noisy and not having luminous sight inserts and concealability of your shtf longarm are just stupid. So is lugging around 3-5 lbs of centerfire pistol and ammo. it's just not capable of being worth the effort. another lb or 2 and you can have a silenced rifle, worth far more than any noisy pistol. A 1 lb pocket auto and 1/4 lb of spare mag, ok. If you want to risk having nothing more than 1.5-2 lbs of silenced .22 handgun ad ammo, go for it, but practice with it won't increase your ability with the far more effective fighting rifle. Practice with the .22lr conversion unit most assuredly DOES increase your ability with a silenced 223 autorifle.

What makes me laugh so much is how JEALOUS guys are of my ability to outthink them. :) A real survivalist would thank me for saving them time and money. So you're fake.
you're the one planning to neuter your fighting rifle with the .22 unit for foraging. practicing with the fighting rifle increases your ability with the fighting rifle. Using the .22 unit limits you to the performance of the .22. You won't have any practice at longer ranges, which even if you never need makes you better at closer ranges with shot placement. And no, using a .22 unit just makes you better with the .22 unit.

and if there's no point to foraging, why is it a focal point of your gear?

you really have no clue about survival, your advice is built around your severe flinching problem and an inability to use a variety of tools. Your lack of any combat experience makes your tactics worthless. You overly depend on the tools, and overestimate their value.

Nobody is jealous of anything you post, other than your ability to be wrong with such conviction. The fact that you are shown to be wrong constantly, but you refuse to acknowledge it, is praiseworthy in a pity sort of way.

in a nutshell, you really are special, aren't you.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
"What makes me laugh so much is how JEALOUS guys are of my ability to outthink them."

A four year old could out think him.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
I honestly don't understand why so many people predict that a nationwide, decades-long, full-bore, teotwawki mad-max collapse simply MUST happen. It has happened exactly zero times in the history of the world, but for a certain percentage of the American population, it's taken as a given that it simply, absolutely, will happen; and probably happen soon.

When I think of the biggest and longest catastrophic events in human history - with the exception of planet-changing meteors or Krakatoa-like eruptions or something - the kind of thing that so many people predict have simply never happened.

The 1930's depression? Worst economic market crash in our history. Yet even combined with the concurrent-running dust bowl that added a horrific physical-world drought to the economic drought, and the on top of that adding the government-imposed stressor of violence-causing prohibition still didn't lead to the Mad Max type of world. (Fwiw, this was my dad's formative world - he was born in 1924.) So they had market collapse, government tyranny, and widespread drought pretty much all at once, and never approached what people now say is "bound" to happen.

WW2? For the US, it was less than a 4-year thing, and even for Europe is was 6-7.

Argentina? It was bad, and still is bad even now (years later), but even that didn't lead to Mad Max or The Postman.

Fukushima? - It was going to be the end of everything, and now it's not even a news story anymore.

Brexit and the bankruptcy of Greece? Again predicted to be the inciting event(s) for the "inevitable" collapse of world markets, which people now pretty much don't even remember.

I don't know if it's a just some inbred catastrophism; people just being inherently negative and fearful; or if it's mental masturbation by people who are so unhappy with the world as it is, that they actually yearn for a great Upset. A violent reshuffling of the deck so to speak, that might just give them a way out of the life that they either can't stand or can't understand.

Don't know. People just suck sometimes.

But in the vein of:
people try to evade basic facts of life

for instance, why would YOU need to forage for wild animals and millions of other people will not, hmm? They WILL and it will be accompanied by collapse of the currency and thus, no money for govt. No law, plenty will shoot you on sight...
I'd have to say the the "basic fact of life" is that this type of mad-max silliness HAS NEVER HAPPENED. Ever. In recorded history. But it somehow "must".

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
John in AR, its Melvin's fantasy he has been running with it for 25+ years now. Never interrupt him when he is in the process of making himself look stupid.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I can see temporary things happening here.
Political polarization is getting worse and look at the former Yugoslavia,riped apart by simmering political and religious differences that came to a head.
But nothing like Mad Max, The Road or The Postman I bet Melvin hates that movie just for all the M-14's used near the end.
Going off the subject deep end but I bet he hates The War of the Worlds from 2005 even more just because of the Idiot lunatic living underground with the wheel barrow.🤪

Back to reality I see more of either a balkanization along either state lines and or rural vs. urban.

I can just see the balloon going up in some of the south eastern states and maybe the Eastern and Western states. Melvin panics and tells wifey this is it we're bugging out.
And Oklahoma is untouched except a few riots that are put down by the Oklahoma be National Guard.

A week later Wifey walks out of the woods and flags down a family driving home from a weekend fishing trip. She asks for access to a smart phone to contact work claiming her deranged husband kidnapped her and calls a divorce lawyer.
The lawyer is not needed as a month later a troop of boy scouts stumble upon or rather smell out Melvin's spider hole.
Stoned on Ambien Melvin suffocated in his mylar bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts