Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The smaller doe was bagged about 45 seconds before season closed on opening day.

The 6 pointer was downed at about noon last Sunday.

I Deer hunt mainly with my Remington 7400 .308. I have owned this gun for 4 years now and have had awsome success with large game as well as "plinking".

I have 2 others that I use for stalking/driving Deer. The first is a Ruger security six that was my fathers first service revolver, the 2nd is a Hi-Point (Beemiller) 9mm rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's a pic (if I figure how to post it) of the 7 pt taken in the north GA mountains late Dec 2003. Hit in the neck with Win 64 grain PP as discussed in the thread about .223 loads for deer on the Ammo board I assume.

Love that Bushmaster and love that ACOG TA01 scope.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
yep, anyone can take animals with scoped

long range guns, and we all know that 308 class loads suffice for such. So why waste time on such, hmmm? Why not find out what's what with the fighting gear, inasmuch as can be done with legal hunting? I am aware that few want to risk losing guns, vehicles, etc, by shooting scores of critters a year, all year long, the way I found out what's what with ccw pistols and loads.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Re: yep, anyone can take animals with scoped

223 fan said:
long range guns, and we all know that 308 class loads suffice for such. So why waste time on such, hmmm? Why not find out what's what with the fighting gear, inasmuch as can be done with legal hunting? I am aware that few want to risk losing guns, vehicles, etc, by shooting scores of critters a year, all year long, the way I found out what's what with ccw pistols and loads.
If you are poaching "scores" of native wildlife in violation of laws designed to protect the native ecosystems and wildlife (in effect hogging the property tht belongs to all of us that others could enjoy hunting, too), you don't even come close to deserving the firearms you claim to own!

I think this statement ofyours is as much made up as most of your other posts, so I won't let it bother me too much.

KJ

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Nice pictures. I am happy you had a successful hunt.

I am envious of those who live in states where you can legally harvest more than one deer a season.

We can only legally take one buck a year with a permit (it's all by lottery, except for archery).

We get some good sized mulies, but the whitetails here are coues deer and they are fairly small, but they are a more challenging hunt.

We do spot and stalk, we don't use stands.

Just ignore GK, it's pretty clear he isn't much of a hunter and he's just trying to provoke you.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: up yours, punk. What u gonna do about it

223 fan said:
hmm? NOTHING, that's what.
I see you're well on your way to being banned from yet another site...

:devil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts