Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess there isn't much reason to keep this site afloat, now is it?

Oh well, I thought it was a good idea. Sorry it didn't pan out, guys...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't understand is 20,000 hits a month poor performance? Or is it lack of posts?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it is akin to being at a herp or gun show with 20,000 people walking past your table and not buying anything. The traffic is great, but apparently you are not offering anything that they want.

Quite frankly, all things considered equal, most people would rather spend their time on a site with heavy traffic and lots of posting because of the interest level generated. Why bother posting if there is little likelihood that your posts will be responded to? There just doesn't seem to be anything here to make people stick, I guess. It's the typical catch-22 of existing traffic attracting more traffic.

I don't have any real reason to take down this site, since it really doesn't cost me anything to run it on my server, so it will be here as long as I don't need this vBulletin license for something else.

I still come here every day to check on new posts, and when I find something of interest I will post it here as well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's still in my favs as one I check several times a day to see if there is anything new posted. I'm glad to hear that it's not going away.
I plan on doing a bit more this year since I have so many new guns to shoot. I'm really looking forward to shooting the Trapper and the Diamondback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts