Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only issue is point of aim "intent". You'll be LUCKY to keep all your handguns shots SOMEWHERE on the torso at 20 ft, or over half of them in the chest, at 10 ft. The only guys who have a hope of doing better are the IPSC and IDPA masters, because they've got a lot of experience at doing MUCH better than you can manage, while under a lot more stress than you've ever felt. Jim Cirillo is on record as saying that some matches he'd been in caused him a LOT more stress than any of his shootouts ever did.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
BULLLLLLLLSH******T. Placement is EVERYTHING. If you can't hit your target, you shouldn't be carrying a gun at all, period. If you can't hit a person's body at 20 feet, you don't need to carry a gun because you are a danger to anyone that may be near your intended target. Your post takes the prize for misleading and just plain ignorant. Don't post crap like this... it gives the wrong impression and misguides people in a way that may lead to them going to jail or worse.

Mike

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I do not understand. I am new at shooting handguns and I got EVERY SHOT in my first two shoots, 100 rounds, on a torso target. A substantial number were close to dead center. What are you saying, exactly, Andy?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
He is regurgitating that thought that a fast miss is better than a slow hit. It's wrong but he doesn't get it. Shot placement is key to survival in a gunfight. Not spray and pray which is his moniker.

Mike

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What andy is saying is that all people but a few IPSC masters will miss under life and death pressure. This is simply not true as has been proven thousands of times in righteous shootings by ordinary citizens. Prior training and presence of mind will dictate where the shots will go. They may not be perfect but will perform their intended task.

RIKA

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think shooting statistics and actual video footage are pretty clear. The vast majority of folks involved in shootings don't perform very well in the accuracy arena. In the past, most of our pistol packing society, including cops, have not kept their shots COM in a dynamic gun fight. I don't think the answer is to take their guns away.

BTW, Andy did say "while under fire".

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well, OK, it is a valid point to say that shooting under fire induces an atmosphere conducive to less accurate shooting. I understand that. No one has ever pointed a loaded gun at me and it would scare the bejeezus outta me if that ever happened.

I would think that knowledge and practice may help; certainly giving up because of statistical accuracy reports would not be an option for me, at least. If I did that, I would be a sheeple.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
lucille said:
Well, OK, it is a valid point to say that shooting under fire induces an atmosphere conducive to less accurate shooting. I understand that. No one has ever pointed a loaded gun at me and it would scare the bejeezus outta me if that ever happened.
"The first is hard; the rest are free." Not really true, but I still love that misquote and use it as much as possible...lol.

lucille said:
I would think that knowledge and practice may help; certainly giving up because of statistical accuracy reports would not be an option for me, at least. If I did that, I would be a sheeple.
WELL SAID!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have only had to do it twice in actual combat, but all shots with a .357 Magnum were hits in the torso area at 25 feet and I don/t have (or claim) super human abilities.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
"Bang, bang, I am the warrior
Yes I am the warrior
And heart to heart you win
If you survive the warrior, the warrior"

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
" It's about being competent in each, and performing when it counts."

I could not agree with you more Ron/

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hard Ball said:
I have only had to do it twice in actual combat, but all shots with a .357 Magnum were hits in the torso area at 25 feet and I don/t have (or claim) super human abilities.
No way!
You mean you went into BATTLE, you weren't an IPSC Master (nevemind it didn't exist then, no one every survived a gunfight unless they were IPSC "Masters"), weren't even an experienced gunfighter, and you killed TWO enemies, when they were shooting back?

Dude, that's just impossible!

I was told so by some one with such impeccable credentials!
:rolleyes:

BTW, Good job. ya even did it with a real gun.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Experience is more relevent than fantasy!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Magnum88C said:
Man, I still have that tape. . .
I wouldn't admit to that...

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
KJUN said:
I wouldn't admit to that...
Hey they may have been a one-hit-wonder, but that's the one where they had Patty Smyth singing for them, not to mention all painted up on the front cover.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who bought a record because it had a hot chick with warpaint on the cover.

• Haha
1 - 20 of 39 Posts