Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you CAN hit the heart with reliabiltiy, you can also hit the brain, same SIZE target. The heart hit aint 10% as likely to get the instant stop that the brain hit will. NOTHING about damaging the heart causes physical incapactitation, for at LEAST 5 seconds. Nothing about damaging one lung can offer realistic incapacitation for MINUTES. Nothing about damaging the liver or spleen can cause bleeding out incapacitation faster than blowing up the heart. ONLY shock and pain, overwhelming the desire to hurt you, can cause an instant stop, with a chest hit, other than a fluke hit to the spine, and a low hit to the spine can let him still shoot at you from the ground.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
So, a hit to the center of mass is no more effective than a perhipheral hit on an arm, or the edge of a torso?

I think you are mistaken.

Also, you cannot make a blanket statement about those hits. Combat, history, and several studies are in direct contradiction to your claims.

Cite your sources.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Since you have never shot any one or seen people shot how do you know.

And, if you are right then all your posts about "10 inch circle" are meaningless.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
for me what it comes down to is this... assuming the target is moving and you are 5" off from your point of aim. If you aiming for the heart, you'll most likely hit, if the brain, probably not. So I agree that neither head miss by 5" or heart miss by 5" will probably cause a stop... with one you have a bullet whizzing by, with the other, you get perforated. If we're relying on psychological stop at this point, IMO a hole will do better than a zzzzing every time.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
misses have changed MILLIONS of punks minds, over the years, COUNT on that. wounds that DON'T incapacitate have inspired thousands of guys to try to take their shooter to hell WITH them.

I aint jumped off of the Empire State building, either, old fool, but I DO KNOW what will happen if I toss you off of it. SOME people can learn, others are stuck with concrete "examples", and NEVER learn. You are a classic case.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
misses have changed MILLIONS of punks minds, over the years, COUNT on that. wounds that DON'T incapacitate have inspired thousands of guys to try to take their shooter to hell WITH them.

I aint jumped off of the Empire State building, either, old fool, but I DO KNOW what will happen if I toss you off of it. SOME people can learn, others are stuck with concrete "examples", and NEVER learn. You are a classic case.
Classic NUTTY JOHN, as illiterate as ever.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
So says the man who misses fast at matches! So how many matches did you win by missing???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts