Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going through one of the kitchen cabinets the other day I came across an old Nalgene bottle that used decades ago when I belonged to the Ozark Highlands Trail Association. In fact I'd gotten these for free as part of donated items to the group from Nalgene. So I ain't complaining but....
Approximately 35years later it's yellowed and brittle to include the blue cap at least in the brittleness dept.
Wonder if they'd honor the lifetime warranty?
Note will post photos when this slow assed internet here let's me馃槤
IMG_20210529_131705891.jpg
IMG_20210529_131650848.jpg
IMG_20210529_131614559.jpg

Attachments

Registered
While I still use a couple of 32oz Nalgene containers for daily use when shooting matches during the summer months, I find myself as I replace them going to wide mouth single walled stainless steel containers. Stainless steel has proven to be more durable and can also be used to heat the contents if required.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know tomorrow if I don't go out anywhere special. Already had a small informal gathering with a lot of prior service people.
I may compose a letter to Nalgene and see if they are interested in the bottle just for study.
I've not tossed it out yet.
I'm just curious as to their reaction.

Registered
I have a number of them that are more than 10 years old and in very good shape, including two lottery promotional bottles鈥.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one and the other that's MIA on me would be approximately 35years old.

Well I just sent them a lengthy message through their customer service system and hope the pictures attached. I also offered to ship the bottle to them for study.

I also told them how it was stored. Anymore I just use ziplock freezer bags for holding dry beverage mixes when on hikes. Mainly to reduce bulk in a pack or ruck.

Registered
I use two platypus bag style bottles with my water filtration system, a camelback in my pack, and a nalgene for mixing powdered drinks and for cooking water in camp, depending on if it鈥檚 a base camp or a remote camp.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update!

Got an email from them quicker than expected.
They apparently don't want my old one back and just gave me a choice of colors to pick from. Then I'll be getting one shipped to me sometime. Pretty much a no questions asked warranty.
Wish I had known where the other one had gotten off to now. But as I remember since I had gotten them for free, IIRC, Im not that concerned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update! Oh Balls!
I just checked my email and somebody either didn't read or understand and I didn't fully understand the deal about the color choices.
It's for the cap.
They're just sending me a new cap at the moment. Even though I told them the body had become brittle and was cracking just from me handling it to remove the cap and look inside.馃檮
Apparently someone along the chain of shipping just glommed onto the one and only photo I had attached.
And didn't read the whole text of what I said.馃檮
Oh well here we go again.馃榿

Registered
:D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah it's kinda funny ain't it.
I actually didn't expect much in the way of anything from the original email. Even told them the approx. age of the bottle and how I got it.
"Sumptin" got lost along the way me thinks. Via the internal function of their customer service. Sometimes quick is too fast?馃ぃ

Update on this little snafu.
They are in fact sending me a new bottle.
Gotta love a no questions asked lifetime warranty.
Even when you think the life of the product is pretty well up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And it's here or rather they are here. I'm surprised they shipped the cap that was being sent to though mutual error. So I got a spare cap.

I know it's a small priced item but back then they were the "thing" to use to have a waterproof and light weight food or liquid container.

And I'm actually amazed at the true no questions asked lifetime warranty.

IMG_20210611_224623401.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts