Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRY cutting it with your knife. then TELL me that 95% tin, 5% antimony slug is going to just "shatter into dust" at 2300 fps impact with flesh, dumbass.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Do you believe what you are even saying?

I have actually tinkered with odd, in my hindsight, hazardous castings (30-06) in the past and no they dont turn into dust but they have a poor ass weight retention and fairly frangible on target (water bottle). But then again, you probly call 3/4ths weight a good statistic......

There is actually a use for them though, because of their oddities, if you get a pair of plyers and deform the top sides a bit it turns into a pretty sharp mofo when it fragments (it ends up resembling micro sized shurikens).

If I had pictures I would show them. But I dont, and I claim to have no evidence to back it up. If a curious user tries it for him/her self mabye they can post proof. However, I do consider myself irresponsible for playing around with these potentially dangerous loads, especially considering it wasnt even handloading, just pulling out origional and replacing with cast. I do not advise it though.

But lets anylize whats happening with this fubar projectile. That lead has different properties than the tin, so even if you blend em as good as you can, the lead and tin are still seperate. If enough force is applied, 30-06, the thing will rip apart at its seams. But then again, I used around 10% lead. I dont see how 5% would be a major blockbusting change.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
While we can never be sure just what it is Andy thinks he is saying, I get the impression that he doesn't understand that hard brittle obhjects shatter, and softer materials deform.

But his wonder bullets are pure fantasy anyway.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
While we can never be sure just what it is Andy thinks he is saying, I get the impression that he doesn't understand that hard brittle obhjects shatter, and softer materials deform.

But his wonder bullets are pure fantasy anyway.

Aslan, you are right again.

It's a good thing that the CODE NAME NUTTY SCARECROW doesn't pay attention to us. He might wind up a DANGEROUS NUTTY SCARECROW, instead of just being merely NUTTY ...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Its sad that I've just emerged from that dangerous stage of playing with projectiles in such a childish manner as andy...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Dark, the difference, is that I beleive you did some experimentation - I think Scarecrow is lying...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Aslan said:
Dark, the difference, is that I beleive you did some experimentation - I think Scarecrow is lying...

Codename Scarecrow, appears to be lying through his teeth constantly ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts