Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, who are reading this....

I just joined and need to ask for help so thank you for any replies that i may get.

OK, well i have recently aquired a few rifles. 1 being a preban ak-47 in medium to good condition. And a 1980's SVD sniper rifle.

The ak came with a clip and 60 5.56 rounds (i believe thats the size of the ammo) And i am wondering how to put the clip in. I tryed it without ammo

(haven't tryed it with ammo in the clip because i want to make sure it doesn't go off in my home if something is wrong with it)

So is there a certain way to put one in because it won't stay in the gun. Sorry if this sounds noobish but I need help.

Thx

Killa W33zy

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hi Killa,

The AK mag does not go straight in like an AR15 mag.

Look at the front of the mag, there is a teat with a little crossbar milled under it Hold the rifle so you're looking at the side of it. Tip the mag so you insert the front into the mag well first so that the teat and crossbar engage with the locking part. Now, pushing the mag up and in, rotate it toward the rear (rocking motion) and let the large rear lip engage and lock into the mag latch.

To remove, just press in on the mag latch and rotate forward.

HTH

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Also, VERIFY THAT CALIBER!!! The .223 and 7.62 AK mags are different! If you are inexperienced with the Kalashnikov series get someone to give you some instruction. What part of the country are you in? I may be able to hook you up with some very knowledgable individuals who can run you through a very in depth manual of arms on your rifles.

Mike

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well this person didn't excatly say he or she bought these two rifles.

Acquired could mean they inherited them or came to their possesion by other means.:rolleyes:

Killa welcome aboard and just ignore the old crank.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
378 Posts
If You could supply some more info most of us will be happt to help, beware of "Preban AK-47's" noot all are really preban and can set you up for failure. 7.62X39 is a entirely differnt beast from the 5.56, and the nearest sov. round would be the 5.45X39 witch is also not interchangable. The best way to describe the setting of a AK mag is put the leading edge in place and the rock the back half into place, easier to do than describe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts