Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So why fart around with cut up pos stars, .460's, pre-frag sh*it, handloads, etc... that stupekid has for wet dreams. You can get good guns that are almost 100 percent stoppers (one shot!) right across the counter, PROVEN in combat instead of pos sh*it pushed by a wannabe ex-con who cannot even own guns.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yep my next pistol will more than likely be a SA Inc. XD Tactical in .357Sig unless Glock gets off their butts and makes a 34 type pistol in it.

Much better than the .356 T-otally S-carce W-eapon.:p

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
stupid, the guns u suggest are neither

pocket guns, nor are they SINGLE ACTION, stupe. I many times made the point that if you aren't going to pocket carry, the 460 Rowland Split Nose is the way to go. Cops don't get ENOUGH shootings to know jack crap. No WAY the 357 Sig is ANY more effective than the 357 Mag is, dummy. It CAN'T be, because the auto has to have a smaller nose cavity, or it wont feed reliably enough, and the 357b Sigs ballistics do NOT beat those of the 4" barreled 357 and full charge mag ammo. and the 357 is about 90% with torso hits, maybe 95% with chest hits.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Stupekid, again you are fos. If the .357 is good enough (which it is), then the S*H*I*T you offer flat pos. There are small guns in .357 Sig, and LARGE guns in .357. Don't need that pos crap you 'THINK' is what you HAVE TO HAVE. Another Stupekid wet dream. And we all know what they are good for.... nothing!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
Re: stupid, the guns u suggest are neither pocket guns, nor are they SINGLE ACTION, stupe.
You haven't shot many Glocks I see. That striker fired system can be tuned as fine as any old style hammer fired single action, probably better because of the simplified lockwork. You can get drop in, user installable, off the shelf parts to make a Glock sing and hum to any tune that you want it to.

I'm thinking really hard about switching from the M1911 to the G32.

Pocket carry? Having actually pocket carried on a daily basis, you want a weapon as small as possible and it's REAL hard to do that with any pistol larger than a Keltec .32 or the new .380, depending upon the size of your pocket. Carrying a pistol in the front pocket of your pants sucks badly unless you have really bulky pants or you are a really big person.

A buddy of mine is 6'7" and weighs 350lbs. I think he's part Sasquatch, but he'll never admit it. He can make a G21 vanish into his front pocket, so it's all relavant upon your perspective.

Pocket carry has it's limitations. With jeans, carrying it in your rear pocket is often the most practical.

In really hot weather in the summer, even pocket pistols are best kept in a holster, pouch, or something on your belt or in a shoulder rig.

In the winter, no problem, just carry it in the pocket of your jacket, or again, something on your waist or shoulder rig.

For out in the boonies or a tactical situation, a modern, professional thigh rig works wonders especially if you have a pack on.

andy said:

I many times made the point that if you aren't going to pocket carry, the 460 Rowland Split Nose is the way to go.
More and better guns are made for the .357 Sig, it's a better round that you DON'T have to strengthen or customize weapons just to fit it.

Besides, I dare you to walk into your average gunshop, Walmart, etc, and even try to find a single round of .460 Rowland.

Besides, with .357 Sig Glock, you can swap barrels and shoot either .40S&W or 9mmPara using the same mags (need an aftermarket barrel for 9mm, breach lockup dimensions on the G19/17 are different than the G23/32). You can also, in a second, cleanly swap the slide for a .22LR unit. The Glock has about the cleanest, simplest, and fastest takedown of any semi-auto, maybe even simpler than the Makarov.

andy said:

Cops don't get ENOUGH shootings to know jack crap.
Bet they have way more experience with real shootings of humans that drew blood than you do, amigo.

andy said:

No WAY the 357 Sig is ANY more effective than the 357 Mag is, dummy. It CAN'T be, because the auto has to have a smaller nose cavity, or it wont feed reliably enough, and the 357b Sigs ballistics do NOT beat those of the 4" barreled 357 and full charge mag ammo. and the 357 is about 90% with torso hits, maybe 95% with chest hits.
It's not MORE effective than a .357mag, but it is pretty much JUST AS effective, especially with the new modern wunderbullets.

The .357mag is a seriously effective manstopper, and so is the .357 Sig. Both the Texas and New Mexico state troopers, amongst others, use it and they are usually pretty serious about their firearms.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
mrostov said:
More and better guns are made for the .357 Sig, it's a better round that you DON'T have to strengthen or customize weapons just to fit it.

Besides, with .357 Sig Glock, you can swap barrels and shoot either .40S&W or 9mmPara using the same mags (need an aftermarket barrel for 9mm, breach lockup dimensions on the G19/17 are different than the G23/32). You can also, in a second, cleanly swap the slide for a .22LR unit.

Don't forget the fine Sigs, they also have good .40 S&W and .357 models. Not sure if there's a .22 unit for them or not, but I'm not in favor of converting my primary rifle or handgun to a rimfire. . .

Bet they have way more experience with real shootings of humans that drew blood than you do, amigo.

Both the Texas and New Mexico state troopers, amongst others, use it and they are usually pretty serious about their firearms.
IIRC the Texas state troopers have the most annual confrontations where shots are acutally fired than any other LE agancy in the country. Their caliber of choice, as stated, is the .357 Sig.

And for dipdunk here, the 125-gr .357 Sig loads are so close you won't be able to tell to the magnums. The magnum has a more decided advantage with heavier bullets.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Typical GK: Whaaaa.....Whaaaaa....Whaaaaaa....

What a stupe.....typical low life ex-con trail-trash thinking: His hot-rodded, cobbled up POS has to be much better than modern guns in available calibers.:rolleyes:

IMHO, Star couldn't run with the big dogs and went belly-up because they couldn't over-come their reputation for cranking out 2nd rate guns. Even after coming out with a few good gun designs like the Fire Star.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I showed u UP, stupe. the Star is the

choice if you want a SINGLE ACTION POCKET GUN, stupe. Unlike you, stupe, I KNOW what's what. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Re: I showed u UP, stupe. the Star is the

andy said:
choice if you want a SINGLE ACTION POCKET GUN, stupe. Unlike you, stupe, I KNOW what's what. :)
You haven't showed anyone up nitwit because you haven't given a reasonable reply to the posts. All hot BS and name calling.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
here's a proven carry method

i have a carry system not often employed, n.a.a.22mag. neck carry on leather loop{ mine is long since 'wore out' and laying around here waiting to ship back for repair] as it hangs between your pectoral muscles [i.e. man boobs for the uninformed] copy that ring- worm? it's a simple feint of hand [to reach for ink-pen/eye glasses/gum/cigs/ect.ect.] cock /fire while throwing weak hand elbow/forearm to forehead, always a crowd pleaser when the local crack addict shows up while you are in line @ the circle k although extremely hard on one' evening attire gentlmen, nevertheless quite unexpected. thanks.

p.s
where are you hiding,ringworm? i set up that $5000to$500
'wager' you blow off about,but can't seem to get a response!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
you wont find any 460 rowland in kmart but you will find .45acp and that will work in a properly setup .460 without any barrel swap. .357 sig is a decent caliber, definatly better than the 9mm, 40 and 45. But currently there is only a few guns offered in this caliber and even fewer of them are of a good semi-easily concealed size.

Pocket carry is not the greatest but it allows for some major time cutting tactics.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Actually I am surprised that the .357Sig hasn't turned up in more handguns. I would LOVE to have something in the size of a 9mm Kahr that shoots this caliber.

The cartridge tends to be very accurate, feeds reliably, and seems to have enough power to be reasonably effective.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Anything that accepts a .40S&W can be rechambered for a .357Sig. Kahr now makes the PM40 which could be switched to .357Sig simply with a new barrel.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
But the Kahr .40 is BIGGER than a Kahr 9mm. :) Even so, does someone make a .357Sig replacement barrel for the Kahr .40?

And I don't believe your statement is 100 percent correct. I tried to get a .357Sig conversion for my Browning Hi-Power 40S&W and heard from several sources that they were unsuccessful in trying to adapt that gun to fire the .357Sig cartridge. No one told me WHY, however.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I think the Kahr M40 or MK40 (metal frames, MK40 is the compact model) than the PM40. But I don't think anyone makes a barrel for it yet. But that would be a sweet packacge, a single stack .357 Sig. Hell even one of the Glocks, like the compoact (G33?) but in a single stack config like the G36.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The things I like about .357 Sig,are the smae things I like about .400 Cor Bon;in durable platform/service guns they're reasonable as far as conversions back&forth between the parent caliber(.40S&W and .45ACP);barrel(and sometimes recoil spring/rod)changes are usually all that 's required.If one is not easily found,more often than not the alternate caliber can be had. Soirt of like a .357 revolver;you can usually find one or the other(.38Special).That said, the ballistics from some of the >357 Sig loadings(especially the slower burning powder charges) are pretty good.In the longer barrels,these bottle necked numbers really shine.One of the reasons I've always been partial to the 5&6 inch lengths as an option for service /target class pistols.OK;they're not ankle guns,but I kinda think theyve been taking the whole Micro-Howitzer thing a little TOO far,quite a few of the caliber options thehe manufacturers give for serious caliber shorties don't actually burn their better loadings efficiently in a short barrel....or at least MY favored loadings....Hey,I actually LIKED carrying thelarger pistiols...in a pinch they made a better club:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts