Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local gun show today an it appeared that the ammunition boat had come in to the dock. Also reloading supplies. But when a friend of mine pointed out the prices of powder my eyeballs about popped out of my head. Some of those 8 pound containers were sporting price tags of $160!!!! :eek: And this wasn't anything exotic.

Maybe it's just been far too long since I have reloaded and bought powder, but certainly the prices weren't THAT high back then. Otherwise I doubt I would have been doing much reloading at all..

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
We are paying from $30-$35 a pound on average up here. Primers go anywhere from $35-$50 per tousand, when you can find them.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Garand, is there any way you can legally import them from the US? You are getting reamed. I mean prices here have gone up, but $30 a pound? There isn't that much difference between US and Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sorry, forgot you were up north of the border....Betcha they would frown on tryin' to bring a couple of 8# kegs of unique or 3031 back in your trunk..:grabbit:

To put it in perspective, I wonder what prices they see in Alaska & Hawaii for
reloading or shootin' supplies...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts