Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold off a few still-sealed bottles of powder to the lgs today and was pleasantly surprised at what they brought. All slower-burning stuff that I don’t need like H335, 2400, Blue Dot, etc, and had been just sitting around for several years. Even just selling to the store owner to resell, eight one-lb canisters brought $255. Made me glad to have extra to get rid d of, and not be needing any right now.

·
Administrator
2,477 Posts
Later today I need to check with a LGS as they may have done a trade for a bunch of different CCI brand primers. Wasn't prepared to buy any but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I'll probably be paring down some other stuff of my own again. My only issue is there's no LGS doing consignments anymore.
The one I used to use is I think trying to segway into closing.

·
Administrator
2,618 Posts
IMR or Hodgdon?
I can use either - my loads are within a couple grains of each other for the most part between the two. I never load near max. I find I get better accuracy from mid power loads in almost every case....

plus, aren't they now the same company?

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My hope was actually to trade some of it for Red Dot because I'm low on it, but there wasn't any in stock. My two go-to powders for most handgun stuff are Titegroup and the somewhat slower Universal and have quite a bit of both; was wanting to pick up some of the faster stuff specifically for loading low-powered playing around loads, but no luck.

·
Administrator
2,477 Posts
I can use either - my loads are within a couple grains of each other for the most part between the two. I never load near max. I find I get better accuracy from mid power loads in almost every case....

plus, aren't they now the same company?
1was curious because I know where 2 lbs were at made by Hodgdon at least this morning. Only trouble would be getting them there economically if they had them

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
The only powder my local gun store has is Titegroup, and its been sitting there for 2 months now. I should have enough primers and powder to do me until next June, depending how much I put down range this winter. I hear that gun stores down south are getting more product in, I'm hoping that happens to us soon.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was surprised last night when looking for powder online. Looking at ammoseek.com for reloading components, they show zero Red Dot in stock anywhere at any online seller.

·
Administrator
2,477 Posts
I did notice one silly thing. Since Cabela's was bought by Bass pro they no longer have any semblance of order in stocking their shelves. Found WW pistol powders sitting on a shelf of shotgun shells .🙄
I'm hopping this ain't some Wal-moron type idea of making the customer walk the aisles looking for what they want in hopes they'll buy something else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts