Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

prefer U to have "fighting" knife, I'll take a

4K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  gripper 
#1 ·
pistol, any day, even the little M21 .22lr Beretta. But then I can really shoot, and most can't.

#4 ·
Prove it, dipstick!!!

#5 ·
To not carry a knife with which you could defend yourself would be foolish. Sure a pistol is nice, but you can run out of bullets or drop it, then not be able to get to a back up if you have one. Then a knife comes in quite handy. It would also be quite handy should you be fighting in water and your gun got soaked so that when you fired it the water in the barrel caused it to explode. (Maybe that sounds silly, but I have seen the results of a few drops of water down a barrel, it was rather amazing the amount of damge to the barrel after the gun was fired. Sure most times the water gets pushed out but sometimes the gun is damaged.) Or the knife might come in quite handy if the barrel of your gun somehow got shoved into the dirt. You fire it then, not me. That would be in hand to hand combat by the way, or maybe just when you fall on your face as you are trying to run while firing back wildly over your shoulder - could happen to the best of us. Isn't it funny how some would choose only a gun over a knife. I would choose both like every military service in the world. There must be a reason they are given knives and bayonets!

#6 ·
Not to mention the knife can be used to MAKE a lot of weapons. Not to mention traps that will sonn give that knife-weilder YOUR pistol.
The value of the knife lies more in the otehr things you can make with it, rather than the knife itself.
As Glenn said, no matter how modern teh military, soldiers are issued at LEAST one knife, and I can guarantee it's used for just about everything BUT as a weapon (soldiers tend to prefer to swing their rifles, than pull a knife.)

#7 ·
For an alleged black belt, there appears to be a huge knowledge gap over what can be done with a good blade in CQB.

To dismiss the blade completely in favor of the gun is interesting.

I guess it sums up his martial skills nicely.

:devil:

#9 ·
Pfff, obviously andy has never gone hunting. Notice that when your hunting, you use a knife so much more than a gun... Because the knife really isnt for fighting much more than a shovel is. (I wouldnt take a shovel though.) You can use it for that, but its put to better use making booby traps, food and game, first aid, etc.

#10 ·
Mustafa Jones said:
What be wrong wid this crazy homie?

Why can't a man carry a knife and a piece on his self?
If you can come up with that answer, we'd all like to know.

Just keep in mind the guy saying all this crap about what guns he'd have, is also the guy who can't have ANY guns. I'd think he'd want to get some skill with a knife. . .

#12 ·
Man, i dont carry a gun. I dont carry a knife for defense either; only for utility. Anyway, the only threats that i face are from the coyotes in the park by my house (i love those things) and the G dawgs at the corner store. I can deep six either without a weapon, (im not a martial artist, im a boxer) and just because people prefer to carry a jackknife rather than a pistol doesnt mean they cant shoot.

#13 ·
Magnum,that's the kind of hint I was trying to ipart to him on another thread,regarding resuming the training that won't burn him on parole.I was thinking to get him to work around whatever medical/physical issues he has(back? wrists?),get out from behind the keyboard and try to improve his own personal space.But ,I guess it fits in here as well.Knives ARE useful for a wide range of things.And outside of on-going criminal activity,they don't set off "felons with guns" alarms among the goobermint types.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.