Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am particularly fond of the original nepaleze kurkri knives, they provide a very powerful swing.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Not having a khukri, I figure that my Cold Steel SRK will fill the function okay. A Camillus double edged boot knife is my oh sh!t knife.

RIKA

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Only knife fight I’ve been in was with a large goose; and even though you ‘know’ a goose isn’t going to kill you, a goose attack makes for some unsettling moments for a 13-14 year old kid. Used the sheath knife I almost always carried when on the farm, don’t recall the brand; typical 6” or so straight blade, fake stag handle, tan leather sheath, bought at the hardware store in town.

I don’t have any dedicated ‘fighting knives’, but several I have would work fine, and I always carry a good knife when in the woods. Buck 119, Cold Steel Tanto, Gerber skinning knife with guthook, even a couple cheaper Spec Plus sheath knives. They’ve all worked fine for me, but as tools; not weapons.

I carry a pocketknife most all the time, but it’s not much of a weapon, just a handy little tool. The gun should handle any ‘fighting knife’ needs I have.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wear a SRK on my harness, a Tanto Voyager in my pocket as a utity knife, and have been known to wear a culloden around my neck as a holdout for PT/ Streetwear. I dont want to be cut again(Never bad, just painful), but realize that a knife will spook the sheeple just as bad as a pistol in some circles. I like the culloden, but should have got the 5" before they ran out. makes a nice little security blanket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah it be stupid to bring a knife to a gun fight but I used to like a buck110 or a kiss'n crane shiv
well until the crazy bro kilt his wife with one after that they looks at you funny when you ask for one at a knife store

·
Registered
391 Posts
i like the glock 81 field knife

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I prefer the Colt 1911 although the Gerber MK2 will do in a pinch. No way I'm going to get in a knife fight if I can help it.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
My favorite fighting knife is one that will cut WIDE, DEEP AND OFTEN ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts