Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
draw than need be. dont need range work to be fast with the draw. dryfire and wax ammo will speed up the draw. So there's no excuse for not having real speed in this regard. Realistically, you are going to win or lose in the first 1.5 seconds, and if that means you can only manage ONE shot (ccw) then you are hurting. 1.2 seconds should easily cover a ccw 180 degree react, pivot, draw and hit, at 10 yds. Race gear, .95 second should be quite "doable", for an A zone hit every time. Just to get inside the C zone, .80 second should be feasible, too.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Please describe your fantasy encounters in detail, then we can critique it completely.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The two times I had to deploy a handgun while carrying concealed, I had the gun in my hand, beside my thigh. I never had the need to draw fast when I was an LEO. Again, I either had the pistol in my hand, or I had a long gun.

As for your sub one second turning draw to the A box, you are just so full of crap. A .80 to the C zone? You are so out of touch. Those are not "par" times for even the greatest shooters in the world. Get a grip.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
Please describe your fantasy encounters in detail, then we can critique it completely.
Just think of those grade-B mid-80's ninja movies. You know, where they always catch the always prepared and ready "hero" off guard, surround him at 5 feet and then come at him one at a time? Seems to be where GoonKid gets his tactics from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts