Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email about primers being back in stock at Target Sports. Prices seem high to me, but I haven't been looking in a while. Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone needs anything.

Reactions: BigEd

Super Moderator
Yep, and at this time I could use a brick but not a whole case.馃榿
And if that's "Free Shipping" I'm sure it's included in the price.馃檮

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very glad I'm out of the market right now, with those being $120 per thousand. IIRC, last I paid for primers was $39 per thousand about 4-5 years ago. Seemed excessive to buy as many as I did at the time, but definitely turned out to be cheaper in the long run. I'm still good for 6-8 years, and hopefully the cost cycle will hit another dip somewhere in the meantime.

Super Moderator
Yeah I know. I hadn't loaded anything needing large pistol primers in roughly 12-14years.

Everything else I either bought by the brick locally to support a LGS or two
Or ordered online mostly the harder to find locally #41 and #34 Military primers.

Registered
I've got all my reloads finished for a (non covid restriction) shooting year in Cowboy Action for my wife and I plus enough for at least 10 3 gun matches that I could shoot, assuming they don't put them on the same dates as Cowboy matches my wife wants to shoot! That leaves me just reloading for the weekly get together of the local retired guys. I estimate that it will be at least another 12 months before I need to restock components. Looking at the price gouging that we are witnessing, I don't think the clock will get turned back on the pricing ever.

Registered
We are having a good day! I got a call from my brother in law over lunch a couple of minutes ago. He's currently visiting a big city (8 million +) about 3 hours west of me, in the first gun shop he hit, he phoned me if I needed anything. Score 1000 Large Pistol Primers, 1,000 Small Pistol Primers and 1,000 Small Rifle Primers at $99 Cdn per 1,000.

Super Moderator
I tell you one thing I can't afford to buy $600 in primers right now.
I might as well get a hold of some once fired .45ACP brass that's the small primer pocket type.

Registered
Right now, my fun funds are going towards vehicle mods: upgrading my fog lights with some serious lights (Diode Dynamics SS3 pros) and installing RAM mounts for phone, radios, tablets, etc, with additional power outlets.

the RAM mounts are stupidly expensive, but they鈥檙e the best option out there.

then, next on the horizon is a cell phone booster setup - once I find one that fully supports 5G. WeBoost is a popular one out there, but their 5G support isnt quite legit.

plus I鈥檓 going to need new tires soon - but I鈥檓 putting it off for another month, if possible.

Registered
With the covid shut downs, this last year, at the end of each month I notice a bit left in the chequing account because of limited or no travelling on my part. I'm good, plus I'm a pessimist when it comes to believing ammo supplies are going to get back to normal (with drastically higher prices).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I鈥檓 not spending much in terms of recreational funds right now, primarily because of not much free time for recreation; too much going on with work and regular life right now. Hopefully that鈥檒l change some here in the next month or two. Even when it does, our next substantial recreational expense won鈥檛 be much of anything out of pocket. It will hopefully be a cruise sometime this spring or summer, but we already paid for it two years ago before everything shut down, so if we get to schedule one, it will be paid for with credit from our canceled cruise that we paid for two years ago but didn鈥檛 get to take.

• Wow
Reactions: Garand
1 - 10 of 10 Posts