Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the front of the bottom of the magwell. Extension spring, horseshoe shaped catch, wiht the engaging part going into the front-bottom of the mag. that will allow the hand to move up nearly 3/8" on the butt. Without a ducktail tang, tho, might not want to risk doing that. Have to see how it handles to know for sure. With a PPK type extention on the front bottom of the mag, and a Detonics slash of the top rear of the slide,and hammer-down carry, might actually be able to pocket a 1911 after all.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
So now you want a 45? Why not a special 356 TSW? I thought it wa sthe schnizzle?

the butt pirate changes his tune yet again.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Why not just buy an off the shelf model and learn to use it? That way you can ditch the weapon if need be and be familiar with it's replacement.

In the big picture, a lot of these little mods don't mean that much. If you want to tinker, just screw with the sights and trigger, maybe change the grips, and that'll usually cover 99% of what needs adjusting.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
mrostov said:
Why not just buy an off the shelf model and learn to use it? That way you can ditch the weapon if need be and be familiar with it's replacement.

In the big picture, a lot of these little mods don't mean that much. If you want to tinker, just screw with the sights and trigger, maybe change the grips, and that'll usually cover 99% of what needs adjusting.
Mike, you're right, of course, but NUTTY JOHN is convinced he's a big time custom gunsmith.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
"will allow the hand to move up nearly 3/8" on the butt."

I don't understand how moving the mag catch will allow the hand to move up 3/8". Doesn't make sense even if you have tiny hands.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TINKER with that fucking full size 1911 all you WANT, it will NEVER fit a pocket. My version will. That's THE POINT STUPID.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you need a speed reload, and all you have is pocket gun, you're dead anyway. The mag catch of the 1911 is in the way of moving the hand up as high as possible on the gun butt. The IDEA, dummy, is to get all the fingers on the grip, for max recoil control.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
The mag catch of the 1911 is in the way of moving the hand up as high as possible on the gun butt. The IDEA, dummy, is to get all the fingers on the grip, for max recoil control.
You stepped in it this time andy. I have slim hands and the mag catch does not interfere with my grip in any way. Totally dumb idea. You must have hands the size of General Teddy's - teeny tiny.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The MAG CATCH lets your hand mov eup on the grip? maybe if you mill off the trigger guard. That would be real smart with a cocked and locked pistol in your pocket. . .

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
the tar dstrikes again. Now I am wondering if has ever actually seen a 1911 in person.

What a fuckwit

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I don't need to put a 1911 in my pocket! Thats your fantasy and ONLY your fantasy!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts