Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you carry a semiautonatic rifle as your SHTF weapon the odds are that it uses detachable magazines Those magazines are critical. If some of them are dirty from powder fouling or dust. grit oor sand they may let you down. If you are out in the open for long prtiods of time you must protect them as best you can.
The best way I know is to carry ther in military web pouches.For AR15s can use the US Army nykin web pouches that hold three magazines. I would carry three pouhes to give 9 spares. The limit comes more from available belt space than weight. The Army issues two pouches to each soldier and you can do the same if you like. Mini24 msganines fit into the AR15/M16 pouches.
If you use a .398 rifle use the new Navy/USMC dual magazine pouches which will hold two M14, HK91 or FAL 20 round magazines. I woud advise carrying three or four pouches. Keep ypur magazines and the insides of their poches as clean as you can and I recommend that when you shoot your rifle its wise to practice reloading from your mabazine poches.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Excellent advice Hard Ball. Thank you.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Nuke missile site in Korea, 1972, some moron had discovered that if you turned the 20 rd mags sideways in the pouches, you could stuff 4 of them into the pouch, so ALL the puuches were set up that way. the fact that you had to tear off your fingernails to extract a mag meant nothing. Security was really wonderful around those nukes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts