Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would AGREE that they SUCK. Most people just have LOW standards for their pistol trigger pull-quality, that's all.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
So what's your addy? I'm going to assume that if you haven't PM'ed it to me by the time I get back from my hunting trip Sunday, that you aren't going too...

Mike

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
A Glock would be less so than a DA, but you are right, longarms, even defensive longarms, are meant for more precision than a defensive pistol.

I agree the 1911’s trigger is better, and have said so many times, and carried one for years. And once someone comes out with a gun that has the better trigger of the 1911, along with the better reliability, durability, and maintenance requirements of the glock, I’ll seriously consider buying one. (And the reliability, durability, and maintenance requirements of the glock ARE measurably and objectively better than the 1911; I’m not going to even argue that point..)

This is where you say the “reliability, durability, and maintenance” of the 1911 are “good enough”, so why “settle” for the glock’s “crappy” trigger. And then I reply that since the trigger of the glock is “good enough”, why “settle” for the worse “reliability, durability, and maintenance” of the 1911.

See, I just saved us both some posting… ;)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
John, I carried a series 70 MK IV Colt .45 for many years as my primary. In 1991 we were mandated to carry the Ruger P89 DAO in 9MM. I hated it. A couple years later we were again given some latitude and I went back to my Colt. In 2001 I had a chance to shoot a Glock 21 in .45 and I was hooked. My wife bought me one for Christmas. It's been my carry gun ever since. I still have my Colt, never will sell it, but the world moves on. The Glock's better. The trigger IS different. It took me almost a full hour to get used to it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If I walked around the woods, boonies, etc with my pistol unholstered in hand or on a sling, then yeah, I'd probably want a long DA pull or safety on it ;)

People that poo poo the Glock usually don't understand how to use the short reset.

cheers

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
short reset or not, it still doesn't even come CLOSE, and there's ZERO reason to teach yourself to NOT work a thumb safety with your pistol, when you STILL have to do so with the longarms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts