Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read an online article back late last winter about our Canadian boys in Afghanistan. The article was in reference to a shot made by one of our sniper teams having a 2400 yard kill with a Macmillan rifle chambered in .50 BMG. Just before I read this I had heard that a US team had made a 2100 yard kill and it was the longest confirmed sniper kill on record until the 2400. I don't think at the time I read the article that the 2400 was confirmed. In the past you have posted some very interesting and detailed information and links on the military (tactics and so forth). I figure if any one here might know or have a link to the info it might be you.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,706 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Garand! I must say that rifle is a thing of beauty(drool drool) 2430 m that is astounding, So if I do the math right.

2430 meters
3.28 feet in a meter
7970.4 feet
5280 feet in a mile
1.509 miles

I have read the .338 laupa is considered effective for sniping to 1500 m
Just to think that the .50 BMG was designed a long time ago and can do what it does today.

Just like your sig says tech and skill are 2 different things.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts

·
Registered
9,706 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for those links excellent reading.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Ask garand about the eight Canadian snipers that were given American Bronze Stars for saving GI's, in Afghanistan, with their skilled sniping talents.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Every Battalion in the Patricia's have something they are specialized in. Since the early '70's when I was in 3rd Patricia's, the battalion was known for the high quality of the Rifle Team. All that training paid off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts