Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...I look to you for information on this one. I'm interested in a Remington spr220. I'm a big fan of the double trigger sxs. What I can't seem to find is a good review on this gun. Also I can't seem to get information(even from remington) as to whether it has true external hammers or whether they're just cocking levers. If anyone here can help me out and give me any information on this gun I'd be very appreciative. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yes, It has "True Functioning External Hammers".

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much Gunner. I managed to find that information after I posted this but, I still have yet to find any kind of review out there for this gun. And that fact alone makes me a bit nervous considering it. The price and the external hammers are what makes it attractive but, I still wish someone could tell me more about it. I've also been pointed toward Stoeger coach guns which seem nice and lack only my beloved hammers. External hammers aren't a necessity but, they're simple and visibly cocked or "safe." I'm also looking into some possible baikals...if they're still imported. Much credit to Magnum for pointing me that way in another post. I don't have enough time spent with any of them to make an informed decision so, I look to those wiser than myself in these things for help. Any information you guys can give me on any of these fine shotguns would also be helpful. Or if anybody point me toward another of the same type and and close in price I'll look into that, too.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the clarification Gunner. I didn't see much good reported in the posts there but, then again the bad reviews were from clay shooters and individuals with the selector switch type. If nothing else it gives me another reason to go with external hammers and double triggers should I get one. The only shotgun I have at the moment is an H&R Topper Jr. Model 88 single shot 20g. It's older than I am and well used and has never so much as coughed. That may be another reason that the remington/baikal looks like a step up to me. I just can't seem to enjoy the feel of an auto and find that I shoot more accurately with breakovers. At the same time I'm nowhere near a position where I can drop $1k for a single gun. Hell, my 2 previous cars cost me about that much. Even the one I have now only cost about 4x that. I guess what I need to know is if it's "good for the price" for someone who has no interest in anything but casual shooting with it from time to time, occasional bird blasting, and possible HD if necessary. Still, I thank you for the link.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The H&R Topper was my first gun. I used to have a couple of them when i was a kid. I wish i still had mine. Maybe you should look into the Norico copy of the Colt 1878 SXS. I looked a few over and they seem real nice for ChiCom.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again Gunner. I've looked over the 1878 and really like the way they look. With the price being only marginally higher they do look like a better firearm. I'm still not finding too much in the way of reviews on them but, it seems that the only difference between them and the original Colt models is the lack of checkering on the reproduction. Thank you again for pointing those out to me. If you or anybody else can point me toward any more information regarding these '78's I'd appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts