Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I had a question or two, and thought this would be a good place to ask. I've perused these forums for a couple months now, and have been a member of Faunaclassifieds for awhile. This is also kind of my introduction (first post) so hello.

Now to the nitty gritty. I'm wondering about some guns that have come into my possession, and the legality of having them and/or selling them. I'm hoping there's some experts around here who can clue me in. Basically, it's like this.

My wife was left quite a few guns by her ex before me, when he passed away. He was a biker, and had quite a large collection. Some black powder rifles, Thompson Contender sets, numerous pistols, revolvers, shotguns, etc. Now, I know some of these are perfectly legal, but others i'm not sure of. Specifically, a couple shotguns. One is a High Standard Model 10(b?), the other is a Franchi SPAS 12 (with old style lever safety! Ack!) I'm curious if there is any reason I can not take these to a gun show to sell them, or a gun dealer, or even sell them to another person? How about across state lines?

Thanks in advance for any help! Looking forward to becoming a regular around here.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I am pretty certain that as long as the barrel length on the smoothbores is at least 18 inches and the OAL is over 26 inches you are good to go.
No FA or AOW type stuff ,no stocked pistols with barrels shorter than 16 inches,no "gadget guns"...and I am guessing no stuff reported as stolen elsewhere-I can't imagine Texas as being a problem with that.
Was her ex a Bandito???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks gripper. i wasn't exactly sure, and I don't wanna walk into a gun show and get in a bind over something I didn't make sure of first. lol thanks!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
doh! lol I should have come here first before answering your pm. hahaha no worries, thanks though!
I HAD the feeling it would be,e ven though it's not on "The List" but Then I remembered the Semi-auto.Pistol Grip is an automatic AW designation..therefore, No Model 10 for Moi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts