Arms Locker banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to cap and ball? I am, (done deal). It's gonna make me a very rich man, and $ = rights restored. When you here about the new guy who's tearing up all the IDPA and IPSC limited matches, it will be me. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can do all sorts of miraculous things in a machine shop when motivated.

However, this isn't one of those things.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 big issues, how to keep smokeless pressures from blowing the cap off of the nipple, and how to keep BP from sometimes doing so, actually, and how to overcome the feeble levels of power possible with black powder. Felons can have Pyrodex, but not smokeless. Felons and kids will be 3/4 of the market. I thought of ways to overcome all, just have to either get off this supervision, or get a partner who is not a felon. I've got a bud who is interested as hell, but I've yet to have a face to face with him about it,.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
2 big issues, how to keep smokeless pressures from blowing the cap off of the nipple, and how to keep BP from sometimes doing so, actually, and how to overcome the feeble levels of power possible with black powder. Felons can have Pyrodex, but not smokeless. Felons and kids will be 3/4 of the market. I thought of ways to overcome all, just have to either get off this supervision, or get a partner who is not a felon. I've got a bud who is interested as hell, but I've yet to have a face to face with him about it,.
So gunkid, how long do they have to babysit (supervision) for?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
This is it in a nutshell. There are lots of things people can do. Most people don't want to do the things that Andy wants to do - for a variety of reasons, like it's pointless, of little benefit, etc.

But because it matters to him, everyone else is at fault.

I hope it works for him. He's due an idea that actually pays off. (I remember his super duper website that was going to make him rich, then the unfinished pistol frames, then the miracle triangle bo staff, there are probably others.)

I wish him luck - who knows maybe he'll get it right this time.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the reason they tell you not to shoot smokeless powder in a cap and ball revolver has it basses in safety. it's not that you can't shoot smokeless in a cap and ball weapon is that the system can't handle the pressure spike from smokeless powder. even using loads with the same pressure range as b/p smokeless is dangerous to the shooter and by-standers. as usual andy your trying to solve a problem that was attempted 100+ yrs ago. it was a failure then and it will be one now. no match warden would let you on the range with what your describing as the new whiz bang match winning invention. if you could make it work then an intelligent man would have already done it. matches now days are generally won on the reload not the shooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
to cap and ball? I am, (done deal). It's gonna make me a very rich man, and $ = rights restored. When you here about the new guy who's tearing up all the IDPA and IPSC limited matches, it will be me. :)
Your a legend in your own mind. It's **** like this that got you sent away the last time, will you never learn!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I realize i'm late to this rodeo and Melvin is already banned..but running across this I just realized something... a D/A Revolver IS STILL A FIREARM acording to ATF, therefore a "Modern D/A Revolver", converted to Cap and Ball, is STILL A felony for ol John-boy to possess. The FRAME is the Gun, not the Cylinder.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Banned? I thought he was back in jail.

And yes, the frame is the gun.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Geez, I miss his wit already :):):)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Don't you mean you miss the twit already?

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Something like that, hey I'm trying to be politically correct :):):)

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The way the law reads, IF the frame is made from scratch as a cap and ball gun, and IF it is not "readily convertible" to fire a cartridge, then there is no Federal law proscribing possession of such a gun by felons.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
there IS a prohibition of black powder for felons, since it's an explosive, but Triple 7 Hodgdon's powder is NOT classed as an explosive. As usual, you **********s are wrong, quite demonstrably so. I never claimed that my website would make me rich. Neither did I make such a claim for the walking stick. I'm WELL aware that almost everyone is a lazy, out of shape cheapskate.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
as for the "never learn", what you MEAN is you're a chicken**** punk who WOULD just give up his gun rights, if the feds passed a law banning guns. So **** you, punk. Just cause YOU can't figure out how to do this, doesn't mean that it can't (hasn't, actually) been done. If the nipple has a flange on it and is threaded into the chamber from the front, part of the pressure problem is beaten. Another "answer", used with .38 and .44 special, is just to not load the rd to any more pressure than black powder had/has. :) The pressure blowing the cap off of the nipple can be handled by a simple valve, like the intake valve of a gas engine. The cap's peeling-open mushrooming can be deal with by having a hole drilled sideways thru the nipple (already being made/sold)

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
maybe YOU are too stupid to figure out how to cast a copy of a modern frame (crane welded to the frame) but not everyone is as limited as you are. With the frame thus "made from scratch" as a cap and ball, then that's what it IS in the eyes of the law. It's NOT "converted".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts