Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its rained hard for most of the last 3 days so hunting is out. I can't even get through to the trailer up at deer camp because the road will be under a foot of water. Have spent the time playing on the internet and cleaning guns - also playing with Jack which made it a little better not being entirely alone. I'm hoping that the rain will let up so maybe I can go hunting in the next couple of days. Maybe toward the middle of the week.

I hope that you all have had a nice weekend and will have a nice rest of the week.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Thank you kindly, I took a couple of 1st time shooters out yesterday with about 7 or 8 different firearms. Made lots of brass and one of the gentleman was nice enough to buy me a 6 pack of Heinekin. Spent the night drinkin beer, watchin TV and cleaning gun. Did some .44 shooting today & my family came over for supper. All around good weekend.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Thanks for your good wishes RIKA. I am sorry you are rained in. It is clear and sunny (though cold) where I am. I had managed to get some of the right ammunition together so I took a few unusual pistols I have aquired over the years to the range, just shootting for the fun of it. My battery included a Model 1912 9mm Steyer-Hann, a Danish 9mm Bergman-Bayard, an Astra 400, a Smith&Wesson Model Number 2 .32 rimfire and my old Broomhandle Mauser. Fun and ganes!
Having cleaned the guns I am sipping a glass of Cognac (Martel VSOP). Garand and I both like cognac and sometimes toast each other electronically. You are welcome to join us if you like. So here's to you RIKA and I hope the sun shines for you tomosrrow.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Had a great weekend...

Wife & kids were visiting relatives out of town, so I was on my own.

Dug & concreted a post for a new mailbox, along with laying new flooring in a renthouse, did some electrical work in the garage, and when I decided to finally take a break & play around some, my Ciener unit's firing pin broke. :headbang:

I'm apparently no good on my own...

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Garand and Hard Ball,

Its morning and still raining but your kind words have cheered my day. This evening I will lift my glass of cognac to both of you and to all my friends in cyber toast.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For John in AR,

I am sorry that your Ciener failed you but at least it wasn't at a critical time. I'm thinking that we both should invest in a couple of spare firing pins along with maybe an extractor or two.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Indeed. Ordering ciener parts is on my list of "to do's" today.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
andy said:
once you get too old to do the real deal, playing is all that's left
Learn life's lesson andy. Once you're too old to play - you're dead. Or at least the thing that gave you joy in playing when you were young is dead.

Sincerely,

Your friend RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It was a cool & rainy weekend here too.

It was wonderful !

Rainy days,especially the cool to cold ones,keep the neighborhood urchins indoors.I pray for rainy days!

Besides,I was linked to a site that plays bagpipe & drum music 24/7.

It was a wonderful weekend.

*sigh* :)

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Gunkid, it must be pretty pathetic to live a life where you look forward to death, without accomplishing anything in life. Its not to late to actually achieve something if you work at it. Look at the quality of life we have, compared to your miserable existence!

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Sorry to hear everyone had such a crappy weekend.
Took a few days off and decided to pound the woods with the GPR and ended up taking home the season's first load of venison.
Not much on cognac, so I'll raise a belated glass of scotch with y'all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts