Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful day in the Volunteer state, yesterday, the Stones River range was sunny and the temp maybe 78-80 with little or no wind.
I shot 45 Government, 45 Kimber Ultra, 40 Sigpro, 357 Blackhawk, and 22 Ruger Mark I, then load both mags for the new Bersa with a combination of Blazer, Ala. HP reloads, And Remington, just mixing them up in the mags. The targets were set at about 7 yds. Well, I put almost 200 rounds downrange with zero malfunctions. Accuracy of the weapon was at least as good as I am, and probably much better. For 209 beans, this little gun is so much more than I really expected, the good word about it I had heard before buying, not withstanding! The gun feels solid, and the tightnes of the mags was getting better, as were my groups, with each reload. Recoil was not nearly as sharp as my, now traded, PPK/S, function and reliabilty was way better, and the price of acquisition is less than half. I would say, if this gun holds up, it is on par with my Sigpro 40 in overall satisfaction of shooting experience. The trigger pull is probably the best for a double-action pistol I have ever experienced for a box-stock unit. The white dot sights are easy to see, but the rear notch is probably a little wide for some. Two handed grip produced good groups of combat accuracy of about 4-5 inches across in a rapid fire situation. If you want a 380, you could do a lot worse than this weapon!
SatCong

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Sounds like you had fun, can't think of a better way to spend the day.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thanks for the report. Glad you had fun.

RIKA

·
Registered
720 Posts
Believe me, ladies and gentlemen, it was MY pleasure! And I want Andy to know, this here cheap guy earns more money legitimately before lunch that his felon ass can scrape together all week. And, unlike that derogatory, I can buy a gun from any source I want--even legally!
SatCong

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sat,

I consider 'cheep' to be a gun that does not work. I don't care what it cost, if it's problem prone, it's junk. Your Bersa, from what I hear from other people, is a good reliable shooter (and I do rate it better than the PP/PPK/PPKS series as I have owned several.) The PPK may be 'James Bond', but he is as much a myth as JD's bs.

Good shooting days are never wasted time!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Sounds like a nice pistol, especially for the money. Inexpensive does not always equate with junk, there are some better buys ouut there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I carry the Bersa Thunder .380 on an ankle holster as a backup duty weapon. I find that my qualification scores are consistently higher with the Bersa than with my department issued SW 5906.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I bought one for my Daughter. SHe's ballerina sized and .380 is about it for comfortable recoil. I put had her put a couple of hundred rounds through itwith only one malfunction on the first magazine. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
I've seen the new compact model. Very nice looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts