Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range on Thursday this week for quarterly qualifications. I was not into it as I suaully am because I was letting something bother me badly. Fact is I was recently told I will not be back to the range as an instructor, no reason(s) given, but I figure it is only because my boss is and has been pissed off at me bigtime.

I wound up shooting a 144 and 146 out of 150, about my worst set of scores in a couple to a few years. I am usually at 146 to 150, and have consistently shot at least 150 every other time I have qualified for quite somne time now. Of the scores on Thursday, the 146 was my second score. I was thinking a little more clearly by then. Funny how I did well on the tactical course though with both pistol and shotgun, when I was shooting and moving and using cover like my life depended upon it.

Right when I was shooting for qualification the job at hand was shooting and nothing else, yet I was feeling sorry for myself and a bit embarassed too because others expected me there as an instructor. The thing is not to let other thoughts disrupt you while shooting, especially thoughts that have nothing to do with the job at hand. Easier said than done, but if in any firefight you had better get it done quickly. Of course in a firefight the things that may disrupt your concentration are far greater, and you will have many things to think about almost simultaneously, but you really need to be focused on the job at hand which would be survival and coming out a winner. So don't bring other thoughts with you, or at least dump them before you are going into any situation that may go hot.

I allowed myself, in this rare instance for me, to not be focused while shooting, and it showed in my scores.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
What did you do to piss off your boss? Any chance of mending it? Seems kind of petty of your boss to let something get in the way of you doing your job.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I have this one pegged as a long term thing; I think mainly dealing with me testifying against the Assistant Commissioner on my job during a hearing where they were trying to and eventually fired a coworker. Got to the point where I was lied to about a temporary assignment for which they wanted me to volunteer for a 30 day stint. I have been on that assignment for 15 months now and hating every minute of it. Because I have been vociferous, shall we say, they decided to tighten the screws as i see it.

I have been getting screwed ever since giving that testimony, and it will not go away until I retire. I can retire in less than a year, or I can stay on the job as a member of the KMA (kiss my arse) Club. I may have to stay a while just to irk them, as I am sure they are betting I'll leave as soon as I can.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
sorry to hear GLEN!

as i'm kind of in the same boat so to speak, don't buck against some of managments "HEAD" secertarys HA! i liked to cut my right foot OFFon new-years eve 03/04 steppin'[buck naked] into the indoor spa with the girlfriend
as she was already in it, stratiagetlly[s.p.] placed a bottle and two champane[s.p.] glasses where i would have to step over [i know ,a long story] needless to say the co. won't have me back till 100%release from dr.[next vist2-9-05] although, i did have something to do with 'HEAD' SECERTARY[s.p.] getting fired, and she needed it!

['if' i would have only took out long-term disability option i could probably ride it till 67 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ]

long story made short, don't get down on your self, BROTHER!
your as good or better than your boss! so PHUCKEM'

thank you, rant off.

[although,sometimes i think if i would have only learned to cook,and like my own company, i wouldn't have had to put up with as much as i have from g.f-wive-g.f.-wive-g.f. ha! an old man a long time ago said maybe i wasn't the marrying type, and then he laughed,the bastard!]

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Just remember:

"You can make it longer, you can make it harder, but you can't make me care." ~~ Age-Old Military Axiom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts