Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to get to zero my PTR/scope. Got the claw mount from Tapco mounted last week and put a 3x9 on top of it all. It should be fun to kill some paper at 100/200 yds. then put it to rest after a good cleaning session knowing it is "ready" to reach out and touch someone if called upon. Also loaded 300 rounds of 45 acp 185 grain rnhb for my competition gun and will practice some "slowing down" and concentration on enjoying fundamental mechanics. I have set my girlfriend up with some 38 special for her S&W airweight and a few hundred rounds of 380 for my Bersa which she seems to have appropriated. I'll run a couple of mags thru my daily carry Kimber Ultra II, and maybe finish off with some 9mm in my old (and surprisingly accurate) P-85 and a few speedloads thru the 44 spec. We'll end the day with the romance of CLP fragrance and fouled patches, cleaning all while watching the late NFL offerings. I'm in heaven!
Satcong

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Naws, I just launched some balls downrange from the GPR yesterday, finishing off the remaining pumpkins people leftr around after halloween. Ran 'em over with the mulcher attachment of the lawnmower, see if they make a good mulch.

·
Registered
549 Posts
We have had some very unusual weather. Instead of the typical freezing temps., we have been in the 60's the last two days, zero ind, not a cloud in the sky. I worked ith my gamer guns yesterday and my carry guns today. I did some drills shooting on the move, walking backwards, just generally shooting. I filmed several runs to have my long distance shooting partners critique for technique. If you can play a .wmv (Windows media) file here are some links. The gun is my CZ75B, the holster is a cheapo Fobus.

Moving forward/laterally
Moving backwards/laterally

Hope you all had a good weekend.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Fobus makes a fast rig, but they are stupid to not tell you what width belt the stuff is for. The mag pouch holds the mag too low, and has it turned backwards, ferchrissakes. Kydex is so slick that the gun seems to "jump" into your hand, compared to leather.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
FBI rig is about .10 slower than speed rig. Arm's length react, draw from hands at sides, hit chest, .65 second. Cutting it finer than that, with cocked and locked SA auto, is an invitation to a shot down your leg. Muzzle forward rake speed rig, mounted in front of hip, is considerably safer, not to hard to turn in times of .55 second, same 1 meter range, for reliable chest hits. Cracking .50 second, tho, is a bit hairy. What was discovered, back in 1997, was that the weak hand was slower to get onto the gun, or else the weak hand usually got a sloppy grip if moved really fast, and the isometric-tension varied quite a bit, too, compared to what it was like when a lot of practicing was the rule. . Also, "progessive"-lensed bifocals were slowing down the acquisition of a proper sight picture about (.20 second). The weak hand grip was about that much slower, too, if a good job was done in acquiring it. So instead of sub .70 second to react, go weaver and hit A zone at 10 yds, from hands at sides, it was taking a hair over 1.0 second. Still not slow, but 50% slower than in 1980. Needed lots of work to reaquire, and had to get 2 new pairs of glasses. One for driving and general work, one for computer and handgun work.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
that's all you lames are CAPABLE of ever posting, too. "uh, you're wrong GK, because I don't likeyou, so you must be wrong". :) Eat shit and die, punks.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
We just can't seem to follow your train of thought...first you brag about all the threads you start, and then you throw stuff into the middle of another thread that's completely unrelated in most people's reality. Try to keep up, this isn't splitting the atom after all, its a simple board.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Fobus...the holster for those too cheap to buy something good. Buy one for someone you don't like today!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
that's all you lames are CAPABLE of ever posting, too. "uh, you're wrong GK, because I don't likeyou, so you must be wrong". :) Eat shit and die, punks.
We just wish you were capable of putting your posts where they make sense.

Your post had zero to do with the topic of range time.

All we can respond to your chaotic, disjointed postings, is WTF?

No one said you were wrong, just that you were posting your message in a completely wrong place. (I guess that high IQ prevents you from constructing a logical thread, or something.)

What, pray tell, did you post have to do with anything in the subject of the thread?

And all you offer is insults.

ok Sparky.

:devil:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AnKeny,
I envy your shooting area, and I aspire to your speed. Are you shooting a carry load (round), there, or are you shooting a light load. Your muzzle control is great!
SatCong

1 - 12 of 12 Posts