Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had to go down to the PD to apply for a handgun purchase permit.Actually three of them(lay-a-ways).Anyways,the permit process is handled by a clerk in the records dept.She recognized me on site but was still,truly,appalled that I was asking for THREE permits.At that point I should have just turned around & left.If it wasn't an hour and a half sojurn I would have.

Anyways.I filled out the form w/all my info name/SS#/drivers liscence#/phone#/blah blah blah.I took the 20 question T/F test,I paid my $5/tithe,I was rh thumbprinted again.All the while that I was doing this I had to listen to her mutter about how the AWB should have been permanent,that innocent people would be killed,about how "they"[BTW,WTF are "they"anyways.drives me nuts!]got around the spirit of the AWB by still having those bad guns anyways.

I "had" to point out that spray & pray isn't nessecarily only just a BG thing.When I told her that I could think of a couple of times that a cop had fired all 15 at a BG from U 2 me apart she just glazed over & changed the subject.Go figure.

Maybe,when I asked her the date & she said Sept 14th,I shouldn't have said"Oh,that's right!The AWB expired." :dgrin:

People are funny.I can't wait to move to where I can just buy what I want & walk out the door w/o a permit/registration process.Grrr.Hmmpf.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Here in Arizona you just buy it, load it, and pack it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch,that hurt!:)

I'm scared of snakes.I don't know if I could handle Arizona. :dgrin:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
41mag said:
I'm scared of snakes.I don't know if I could handle Arizona. :dgrin:
That's one of the reasons we all pack guns out here ;)

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I dread the day I retire and have to register whatever pistols and revolvers I have. It will be a bummer and a half here in NY. Maybe I can move to AZ, I like snakes!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Arizona would be nice. The Arizona mountains, not the desert please.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I hear you can get border ranches cheap in AZ and there's some good shooting down there -- lots of moving, reactive targets. Just don't forget the shovel.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Ha!ha!ha!

pretty funny, you should have read the local paper today!

a couple of articles about 'ranch rescue' type groups, the goverment dosen't
like them![but these guys are transplants from washington state/ca.]

THEY feel they are outlaw/criminal[one was a twice CONVICTED FELON]
go figure!

YOU KNOW! i've been wanting to head a little south lately and sweep where the front porches were with my "whites 6000" metal detector/ gold dry washer,on some'old adobe homes/ranch sites, that i know about, but i have not been able to grow eyes in the back of my head ,yet!

i don't feel it is as safe as it was just a couple of years ago, although for me, i would rather go it alone, than have my girl friend there 'if 'there would be any 'problems' of the two legged variety.

thought for the day friends!

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead[ha! just kiddin' ,....maybe!]

thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Arizona sounds nice (even if to locals kill too many rattle snakes) always thought I would move farther south after school.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts