Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have to react to a signal,(ie, a noise to one side of you and a guy you're holding at gunpoint) AND ID the # on a playing card and then go back to the guy you have a gun held on, AND decide on whether or not to shoot him, if he's fast, he can draw and shoot you, at 10 ft or so, before you can see if he is still cowed, or if you have to shoot him, decide to do so, and actually do it. If you can beat him, it's cause you cheated and would have shot him regardless. Have him sometimes draw, and sometimes not move, and if you can beat his ccw draw, either he's slow, or you'll sometimes "shoot" him, even if he hasn't moved at all. you really have TWO recognition intervals here, one to ID what the noise was, decide what to do about it, move back "on" to the guy at gunpoint, recognize what he's doing, and decide what to do about it.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I can do that and its even more fun after a couple of beers.

RIKA

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
You should only wish. I can do anything better than you. You're on meds, remember andy.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Well, if you're planning on holding someone at gun point, then you should be smart enough to do two things:

put the other guy in a position where he can't draw (i.e. off balance)

Put yourself in a postion where it's difficult to be surprised by anything. You should not have to go off of the guy at all. Keep gun pointed, look up, decide what to do. Because the guy is off balance and in an awkward position, he won't be fast.

Because you did not remove the gun from him, you don't have to re-index. (just pull the trigger if necessary)

You can be creative with the position you put him in....

For example:

put the guy on the ground, face on ground, hands on back of head, up on his knees.

head is away from you, legs are spread wide.

Place your gun barrel on his balls and inform him that if he twitches, so do you.
he has a lot more to loose.

You're now free to look around. he moves, you feel it, you shoot.

Few people will bet their reaction time against their balls.

:devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts