Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CQ had just opened the arms room, gotten us our .45's and locked everything back up, Korea, 1973. A pair of Katusa's were late (Korean soldiers attached to US bases) and the black guy pulling charge of quarters duty was pissed that he had to unlock everything again. After he unlocked the 3/4" steel bar that went across the door of the arms room, he spun and raising the bar overhead, brought it down on the head of one of the Koreans . you could tell that he was going to stop it just short of the guy's head, tho. Instead, the Korean brought his boot up over his head, turned sideways and blocked the bar. If he'd instead used his arm, it would have been shattered.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Most of the serious Koreans and Thais I dealt with had a real talent and ability for practical kicking... oddly enough,the ones that also impressed me tended to be Eastern Europeans,Balkan types(Serbs,Croats etc).. probably due to a lifetime of football(soccer) and all the attendant street fights.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the korean kids that I saw, many of them could keep an inflated rubber ball bouncing back and forth to themselves, using just their feet. They grow up with it.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Had a shaolin instructor in the 80's that was a good eight inches shorter than me, and could do things with his feet that seriously kept me humble. I was younger, bigger, and stronger than him, and held belts in northern shaolin (leg emphasis), southern shaolin (hand emphasis), and taekwondo; but he could just whomp the foo out of me without semi get to put any effort into it.

Awesome, awesome guy. One of the nicest, calmest people you could ever hope to meet.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
same with Moon. I once saw half the village kids hanging all over him as he walked. Laughing like a mad man, carrying one in his arms, one on his back and one hanging on each leg. Some of them were older kids, too. Like 9-10 years old. When you're truly that badassed you can relax. when there was a fight out in the village, somebody'd go get him and when he showed up, everybody sat down and shut up. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts