Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you'd need at LEAST 2 ft of 4" diameter can. It would need its own bipod, out beyond the bipod for the rifle itself.:)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wrong. The AWC Turbodyne suppressor is 12 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. It suppresses my Boomer .50 to the point where it sounds like an unsuppressed .22 lr rifle.

You need to understand something gunkid... you are so far behind on suppressor technology that you are blinded by your own ignorance. The way the .50 suppressors work is to shift the muzzle noise to the high end of the sound spectrum by channeling the gasses in such a way that the blast becomes inaudible to human ears. Combine that with the basic suppressor musts of slowing, cooling and turbulating the gasses and you have a quiet and effective suppressor in a smaller package.

I used the same techiques on the 20mm suppressor I built. It isn't as effective as an AWC .50 suppressor but it does the job quite well.

Mike

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Inaudible sounds can still cause damage, though. It is STILL energy in a wave form. Damage to hearing is caused by sounds that are too loud, regardless of their frequency. Even dog whistles would cause hearing damage if you could get them moving enough air (i.e., being loud enough). Don't think that something you can't hear is harmless to your hearing.

Besides, the key is on how he defines "REALLY suppressed," isn't it? Since he complains that the unsupressed .22LR is too loud, then maybe what you are describing isn't "really supressed" by his definition. In this case, it is possible that he is correct even though you are not wrong. Since I wear hearing protection when shooting my .22LR at the range, i guess I'd agree that what you described isn't "supressed enough" by my definition....even if it reduced the sound by 95%....lol.

"What is the definition of is?"
KJ

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Wrong. The AWC Turbodyne suppressor is 12 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. It suppresses my Boomer .50 to the point where it sounds like an unsuppressed .22 lr rifle.

You need to understand something gunkid... you are so far behind on suppressor technology that you are blinded by your own ignorance. The way the .50 suppressors work is to shift the muzzle noise to the high end of the sound spectrum by channeling the gasses in such a way that the blast becomes inaudible to human ears. Combine that with the basic suppressor musts of slowing, cooling and turbulating the gasses and you have a quiet and effective suppressor in a smaller package.

I used the same techiques on the 20mm suppressor I built. It isn't as effective as an AWC .50 suppressor but it does the job quite well.

Mike
20 Mike?? did you supress a Lahti HR??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hard Rock said:

Mike
Detonis "chop" of Colt .22 unit, on alloy frame, is every bit as "hard" to control as a full size and wt 9mm, saving you 8-10c a shot. It will probably cost you $1000 to have properly set up, but you can always sell it for $700, too (in a heartbeat). So it will pay for itself in 3000 rds. I've fired that many rds in a weekend, many a time.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
carguy said:
Detonis "chop" of Colt .22 unit, on alloy frame, is every bit as "hard" to control as a full size and wt 9mm, saving you 8-10c a shot. It will probably cost you $1000 to have properly set up, but you can always sell it for $700, too (in a heartbeat). So it will pay for itself in 3000 rds. I've fired that many rds in a weekend, many a time.
Ha ha ha ha ha good post in a thread about a 50bmg.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
carguy said:
And this has exactly what to do with suppressing a .50 BMG rifle? :rolleyes:

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
carguy is someone posing as GunKid - but they don't quite have it down. They're close.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wait until I get the next project done... I don't think it's ever been tried before but if it works, it'll be quite the sight to see. When I get it done, come on down my way KPD and we'll go punch holes in steel.

Mike

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hard Rock said:
Wait until I get the next project done... I don't think it's ever been tried before but if it works, it'll be quite the sight to see. When I get it done, come on down my way KPD and we'll go punch holes in steel.

Mike
Sounds like a Plan Mike!!!

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
carguy said:
Detonis "chop" of Colt .22 unit, on alloy frame, is every bit as "hard" to control as a full size and wt 9mm...
That'd be quite a feat, since (afaik) Detonics never made an alloy 1911 frame.

It'd also be quite a feat to get a .22 pistol to recoil as much as a "full size and wt 9mm" pistol... A pointless feat, but quite a feat nonetheless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts