Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have "Done-lap" disease, as in a BEER GUT. the only place they CAN ccw a belt rig is behind their hip, and even then, their love handles create problems, both comfort and speed of access type problems.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
223 fan said:
have "Done-lap" disease, as in a BEER GUT. the only place they CAN ccw a belt rig is behind their hip, and even then, their love handles create problems, both comfort and speed of access type problems.
You're right (sort of), I don't know of anyone that favors a navel rig for totin' a rifle. I don't think it's the love handles per se, just that in general rifles aren't well suited to carry like that...

:devil:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
It's Called 'dick-do'

cuz' your fat belly sticks out, futher than your dick do! :laugh01: :laugh01:

thanks.

[reading this above thread , i've realized,who, /what ,makes up the majority

of the crap thats shoveled HERE!]

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Aslan said:
You're right (sort of), I don't know of anyone that favors a navel rig for totin' a rifle. I don't think it's the love handles per se, just that in general rifles aren't well suited to carry like that...
Well, can't really add much to that. . .

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I really want to see naval carry of a CAR. Maybe we can call Guiness Book of Records to submit it also!!! Especially if you do it wearing hip huggers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
According to GK's own words, the preferred method for CCW of an 11.5" CAR-15 was supposed to be in your baggy pants with the muzzle shoved up you ass.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Aslan said:

Sorry, but you're wrong Aslan. You may remember that I'm 6'5" and around 270. I carried an M1 in an IWB rig at appendix for a long time. I utilized a second holster, an ankle rig, to stabilize the muzzle. You would be correct in assuming that presentation was goshawful slow with that set up, but there were plusses - I sure got propositioned a heck of a lot.

:D

Regards,
Jon

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I stand corrected, I now know of ONE person who favors carrying a rifle that way.

I would think it would chafe and make running and sitting, well, interesting.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Aslan said:
I would think it would chafe and make running ...
You missed the point! You don't HAVE to run when you're wearing this rig - they come to YOU! :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Aslan said:
I stand corrected, I now know of ONE person who favors carrying a rifle that way.

I would think it would chafe and make running and sitting, well, interesting.

Oh, I forgot - there is one downside to this carry technique, and man it is a bad one. Decorum prohibits my describing it here in graphic detail, so let's just put it this way: If you think that "Garand THUMB" hurts, ........ !

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Garand said:
I really want to see naval carry of a CAR.
I'll settle for pulling the trigger whilst it's holstered. . .

Aslan said:
NO! He said appendix carry not navel! :dgrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts