Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
SatCong said:
Some of the little people had it on their fingers between the knuckles--talk about commitment!
SatCong
I'm 40 and was a Captain in the Green Berets near Hanoi in 1970.

·
Registered
720 Posts
TG,
Man, you must have had DEEP selection! The black hats at Benning can be rough on an 8 year-old butter bar!
SatCong

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
SatCong said:
TG,
Man, you must have had DEEP selection! The black hats at Benning can be rough on an 8 year-old butter bar!
SatCong
Okay, you caught me. I actually did hear a WNG buck Sergeant telling his toops how rough it was up in the "Z" in 1972, where he was a "Green Beret Sergeant". I called him aside and asked when he was born, he answered with no hesitation, 1958. I said I had never met a Special Forces Sergeant that was fourteen years old, in Viet Nam. He turned red enough to light a cigarrette off his forehead. I let it drop, but I never again heard him bragging on being a Nam Vet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:dgrin:
Magnum88C said:
Not to mention shotguns in military use are basically used as hand-held claymore mines. Do a lot of damage, if necessary do a little damage to several people, making them easier pickings for riflemen.

Shotguns are for close engagements, you know, like where the 11.5" CAR is good. They were used to devastating effect against the moros in the Philipines and inflicted such horrible casualties in WWI, that the Germans tried to have them banned under the Geneva Convention as being "unfair".
:dgrin:
does anyone else remember the flechette rounds you could get surplus after the viet nam war?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
In 1970, I was running ambush partols up and down the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario.....

Oh ya, I was 15 and a Sergeant in Army Cadets!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Rowane said:
:dgrin: :dgrin:
does anyone else remember the flechette rounds you could get surplus after the viet nam war?
I still see the flechettes for sale from time to time. Guess you could load them up yourself.

RIKA

21 - 28 of 28 Posts