Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The FAL is one tough gun but that much dirt/grime mixed with oil has to act like valve grinding compound and damage the gun. Like the man said, its his gun but I wouldn't do it to mine unless I had a Ferrari convertible in the garage beside a new loaded Ford F350.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, but it does make you feel good to see one still working after all that when you're in an environment where you may not be able to clean your rifle every 20 minutes.

I doubt anyone has abused one that much, but how would the M1A owners say their rifles stand up in adverse conditions?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Not cleaning one for a few hundred rounds is understandable but even in the worst battle conditions I'm sure that one can find time for a quick once over.

Not cleaning one for that long is like a very handsome hunk who hasn't bathed for 2 months standing among a throng of beautiful cheerleaders. All the girls know that he can still function but none wants to get close enough to find out how well.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
but it does point out just how reliable and robust the design is. You could not even begin to do that to an AR variant and expect it to function.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raider said:
Not cleaning one for a few hundred rounds is understandable but even in the worst battle conditions I'm sure that one can find time for a quick once over.

Not cleaning one for that long is like a very handsome hunk who hasn't bathed for 2 months standing among a throng of beautiful cheerleaders. All the girls know that he can still function but none wants to get close enough to find out how well.

RIKA

Thinking of Brad Pitt again are we? :dgrin:

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aslan said:
but it does point out just how reliable and robust the design is. You could not even begin to do that to an AR variant and expect it to function.

:devil:
Yeah, that was my point, thanks for stating it better than I did.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love the FAL. Dad had a beautiful Belgian heavy barrel that I got to shoot quite a bit. Then he was forced to sell it to pay some pressing bills. I still miss that rifle. Though it was heavy as lead it shot like a match rifle.

RIKA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts