Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
84C4, that is one hell of a post. A scary one because it could happen to anybody. I never thought I could know what a gunshot could be like but I do now. I going to be damn careful.

Thank you for a #1 post.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Sounds like it was a NUTTY JOHN episode ... to me.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I stopped reading about 2/3 the way down.

Cocky fucker.Too bad somebody stepped in Darwins way.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
ya! i read this last night, that dudes a real nimrod! i mean a flat tire on the
'stang' shuts him down![ha] and a very low threshold for pain i noticed[a 12YEAR OLD
girl perhaps?]

when i was hit, i didn't cry! but when it swelled up[about day#3] it was time for medical, as i couldn't walk on it,by then![i have not worn a set of jungle boots since]

i can relate to his pain with the broken leg, although, when i broke mine,i didn't CRY! i shattered mine in 6-8 pieces,about 3" above where i was shot[20+ years ago] i broke my leg on a dirt bike out HERE in the desert, and crawled about 1/3rd of the way on my hands and knees to the truck before being 'rescued'[when THEY ran the tanks at waco,time frame]

but [1] of these days i'll post a true story, THAT DID MAKE ME CRY!

:beer:

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
It happens, and not just to amateurs. One of the most experienced Firearms Instructors I know, (Federal LEO Instructor, NRA Instructor) shot a hole in his ceiling with an 12 Gauge 870. He forgot the cardinal rule of ALWAY's clearing a weapon each time you handle it to determine it's condition. He was showing it to a friend pointed it toward the ceiling and, well, you guessed it. He knew he had put it away empty. It turns out his 14 year old son had seen a coyote by their barn and loaded it with 7 1/2 birdshot, (For a coyote??) At any rate he didn't unload it, just stuck it back in the rack. His wife was not amused.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Terry G said:
It happens, and not just to amateurs. One of the most experienced Firearms Instructors I know, (Federal LEO Instructor, NRA Instructor) shot a hole in his ceiling with an 12 Gauge 870. He forgot the cardinal rule of ALWAY's clearing a weapon each time you handle it to determine it's condition. He was showing it to a friend pointed it toward the ceiling and, well, you guessed it. He knew he had put it away empty. It turns out his 14 year old son had seen a coyote by their barn and loaded it with 7 1/2 birdshot, (For a coyote??) At any rate he didn't unload it, just stuck it back in the rack. His wife was not amused.
Biiiiiiiiig pucker factor episode, for sure.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Terry G said:
yes terry! i agree, i recall one time, i had my back to the door, depriming
.270win casings, and my buddy cliff , came in and CLEARED HIS RIFLE in the center of the concrete floor of the shop......BOOM...FLASH...DARKNESS!

the round 'blew' a fist sized chunk in the middle of the floor, then threw concrete 'shrapnal' up into the ceiling, blowing out the twin light tubes!

needless to say, THERE WAS A FOOT OF DAYLIGHT between my ass and the chair. [w.t.f.] and mrs.cliff was NOT HAPPY about holes in her freezer room

1 - 8 of 8 Posts