Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several posts here in which others claim, no flame intended, to know detailed information on the resident troll. I don't have the LEO connections nor the computer knowledge to either confirm nor refute these claims. I simply have a totaly different picture in my mind on the sittuation. Could someone clear this up for me?
And Yes, I'm trying to start something here.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So what is it that you want cleared up? Also please tell us what your mental take of the situation is.

RIKA

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imagine, if you will, some swellhead somewhere with way too much time on his hands enjoying the laugh of a lifetime by trolling the members of this forum just to get a rise out of them. Sort of a new twist on the average troll baiting senario.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Andy/gunkid is the real thing and has been for years. Problem is that much of the info he gives out is dangerous or illegal which could temp some trusting soul into getting killed or doing stuff resulting into prison time.

RIKA

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
But is it illegal for someone to discuss something that is dangerous or illegal on a publicly accessible message board?

And is it anyone here's job to act as the "daddy" to keep those poor innocent trusting souls from being able to read such things?

Aren't these the sort of arguments that the government uses to try to protect us from ourselves by taking away those dangerous guns, and anything else that *they* have determined may be dangerous to some people? People should have guns taken away from them because some people may hurt others with them. Is that what you are speaking of here?

My God, where has freedom gone, America? Just how many of us are perfectly willing to help set those pavings of good intentions in place on that road to hell?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Rich Z said:
But is it illegal for someone to discuss something that is dangerous or illegal on a publicly accessible message board?
I don't know if it applies to the 'net, but I guess it depends if someone wants to build an "inciting to commit a felony" case. Last I knew that IS illegal. So, technically, AFAIK, the answer is yes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hadn't intended this to be a discution on anything other than Who this individual truely is.
I've encountered him on other forums, (leastwise someone who fit this fellow to a T) some totaly unrelated to guns, and there were those there claiming that an ISP, I believe they called it, backtrack was difficult due to the spyware and server rerouting he used.
I simply wonder if this couldn't be some lawyer, cpa, or other crank in whatever state with way to much time on his hands having a laugh at the expence of the internet.
Mind you I'm not trying to cast doubt on the qualifications or capabilities of anyone here, I'm just rather currious.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Magnum88C said:
I don't know if it applies to the 'net, but I guess it depends if someone wants to build an "inciting to commit a felony" case. Last I knew that IS illegal. So, technically, AFAIK, the answer is yes.
The only reference I can find to "inciting to commit a felony" is:
Inciting a felony is the endeavor by one or more persons to incite or procure another person to commit a felony.
Unless GK is attempting to coerce someone else into commiting a a felony, either by himself, as his instrument, or as his accomplice, merely discussing a criminal act without the above intentions does not, as far as I can determine, constitute a criminal act in itself. If it were, I can think of a ton of fictional books I have read over the years that would make the authors criminals by the words they have written. Books that have, in great detail, described how to kill someone, blow things up, or do any number of things that if actually done, would be criminal acts. Heck, why isn't John Ross in prison for his book Unintended Consequences?

Most "what if" types of discussions in relation to SHTF scenarios will be describing actions that would be considered as criminal acts if done prior to the actual SHTF incident.

So unless I have missed a post or three by andy that fits into the "coercion" or "collusion" categories, I do not recall reading anything posted by andy that meets that criteria.

But I am certain that someone will correct me if I am wrong about that. :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Rich, actually he HAS done so. He likes to try and get people to deal drugs for money, not for him, but someone asks a question on where jobs are paying well, or how to do something on the sheap, and he likes to tell them to sell coke and fill them in on how successful he was at it (leaving out the jail time of course).
He also like to OFTEN try to get people to make illegal supressors for their weapons often chiding them for being to lazy or chickenshit to do so (again leaving the jail time out of his stories).

I'm just not sure anyone would bother following through on it, so. . .might be a moot point, but still, it happens.

But your right MOST of his posts aren't inciting.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Why is everybody so sure that Andy actually is who he claims to be (John Davis)? You call him liar on everything else. I can't believe that a convicted felon who has gotten out would risk being put back in the slam for stupid statements posted on net BB's.

I still think he's a 15 year-old who got into a collection of old "Guns & Ammo" mags, reads way too much SOF, has his bedroom walls plastered with pinups clipped out of "Goat Breeders Journal" and gets off on baiting folks on the internet.

DC

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Nothing to do with Andy here, just a general political observation...

The Founding Fathers, the victims of the Boston Massacre, Paul Revere, etc, were ALL undeniably guilty of “incitement”. Didn’t make them wrong.

‘Incitement’, ‘conspiracy’, ‘hate crimes’… they’re all examples of the nebulous, indefinable type of “laws” that make decent people “criminals” in the eyes of those who want to hold power.

It’s also interesting in how these subjective standards are applied. Swift boat vets, etc, are seen as “political opportunists, trying to negatively influence elections”, and Michael Moore, etc, are “bold free-thinkers, with the courage to question authority”.

Something amiss...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The founding fathers committed treason. Had we lost the revolutionary war, they would have been executed for treason. The basic rule of history is that the winners get to write it, therefore they are always the good guys and in the right. The losers get to be written up as the bad guys. Just a basic rule on how it all works.

Before someone jumps on me incorrectly, I did not say I did not agree with the actions of the founding fathers - I think they acted boldly and correctly. I'm just commenting on the mechanics of how history gets recorded.

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What Aslan says is true. If the Nazis had won WW2, they would have been the good guys and the Allies the evil empire.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I don't see where he's breaking any laws, but if I were a convicted felon still under supervision, I would be a might more careful. As for him lying about his past, he know's an awful lot about the Federal Prison System. So he's either a former Federal LEO or a former inmate.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
If GK is a former LEO then I'm a Doberman Pinscher.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Raider said:
If GK is a former LEO then I'm a Doberman Pinscher.

RIKA
That statement was very, very, toungue in cheek.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Bad doggy! Bad dog!

You go straight to my room right now!

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
.45 COLT said:
Why is everybody so sure that Andy actually is who he claims to be (John Davis)? You call him liar on everything else. I can't believe that a convicted felon who has gotten out would risk being put back in the slam for stupid statements posted on net BB's.

I still think he's a 15 year-old who got into a collection of old "Guns & Ammo" mags, reads way too much SOF, has his bedroom walls plastered with pinups clipped out of "Goat Breeders Journal" and gets off on baiting folks on the internet.

DC
John Melvin Davis, stupidly published his Colorado Drivers license on the inter net, along with his social security number and his DD form 213.

Thus cross-identifying himself sufficiently to positivey identify him.

If you use the information posted, you can then go to the bureau of prisons website and identify him as a paroled felon.

Davis's parole officer, Mike Fischer is headquarted in Durango, CO.

Is that enough to help you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If this here man andy be like you say he lookin like a bigger mess than I thought

It like he want attention but not the good kind

almost feel like he think he missed something in life and trying to get it back by bringing all this crap on himslef

1 - 20 of 93 Posts