Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
We have problems with revolvers only when we let andy the chimp get hold of one.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Gee I hav enever had to do anythign I could not do myself but then I use dot hang around with a pretty good revolversmith.

I can also work on them far easier than any of my autos except a GLock.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A quote from Rich Z so that maybe who claims to know everything worth knowing can have a chance at getting a clue someday.

Andy - btw, POSTING A REPLY to a post is when you want to post a new message in the same thread as the one you are reading and want to continue with that particular discussion.

CREATING A NEW THREAD, is when you want to start a whole different topic different and separate from previously existing threads.

A THREAD is a continuous line of posts with a common topic, normally posted in chronological order. Normally a thread begins with a new topic post, and then is continued via REPLIES to that and following posts.

I have noticed a lot of disjointed threads on here which appear to be what SHOULD be continuations of an existing thread. So I felt some definitions might be in order

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mr Andy,
Revolvers are the most powerful handguns avalible. They dont get there for being cheap or weak. Maybe your choice in the past might have been a Charter Arms or EEA.

Cheap is Cheap. Enough said.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
John Melvin daviss' (also know as andy) well his ass is fragil and easily wron out.

They proved this for thirteen yes 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! years in prison.

Aint that right rump ranger?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
The only revolver that is noted for being "weak" is the K-frame .357s. Then only with very hot rounds (forcing cone has a cut along the bottom, whereas the L and N-frames do not), and even there you're talking 10,000+ rounds before trouble.
Rugers can be a PIA to work on because you have to know how the internals go, as there is no sideplate to remove. On the other hand, a Ruger is probably the last revolver that will require internal work.

In short quality revolvers are neither fragile nor easily worn out. Even the more difficult ones to repair aren't THAT difficult.

More pooh-poohing from a guy who can't shoot them.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
My S&W M66 has been fed 25,000 plus .38+P's and 4,000-5,000 .357's and the only repairs required were 2 replacement firing pins. 10 minutes work each time, done in my basement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Besides, revolvers have class, a chopped star BM with a big PVC turd on the end doesnt.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I've gotten at least 10,000+ more rounds down range through my M66 since my original posting. 2 winters ago, the pin that holds the hammer broke off and I had to send the gun to a warranty dealer. 30,000+ rounds in 35 years, are more than most people will shoot in 3 life times. I think I made a good deal and your evaluation of revolvers needs upgrading.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
S&W Krame or N frame or a cobbled up, dremeled, hacksawen. welded on, JB welded.Star that might hurt you if dropped because all the parts flying off. Know what I would choose.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
S&W Krame or N frame or a cobbled up, dremeled, hacksawen. welded on, JB welded.Star that might hurt you if dropped because all the parts flying off. Know what I would choose.
:LOL::LOL:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts