Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never 'been' a black-powder fan my whole life!
but the 'art' of firearms will surely draw you into it's grasp eventually!
as i shot my 'mantle' piece .44 today.
the girlfriend and I went out to 'dry-wash' a load of "ambiance" fire-wood, today,! and while loading the pig-skin pistol bag i said "wanna' take the ERIC-gun"?,,,sure!, was the reply.

i sent the 'sweetie' out on 3 out of the 4 points of the compass[the HOWARD DEAN end was mine] and loaded up this 'movie-star' with a visual of b.p. in each chamber, then a pre-lubed felt wad, and then the .44 ball.
i had an old [1] quart sauce pan in the baCK of the truck![i guess i'm kinda strange that way] and stuck the handle in the sand of a banked wash [30] yards away, now NEVER firing this rifle, i prudently held it out at arms length,and above my head![with B.P.vest over head and shoulders, and held out by MY least FAVORITE arm!] WHOOF/PUSH/PUSSY-CAT!
o.k. time for some printing, and PRINT IT DID! the remaining [5] rounds printed palm sized on the lower right of the sauce-pan![although, that BASTARD spits a painful burn on a mans right cheek-bone[hell, i could be blind in one eye if NOT for SAFTEY GLASSES!] as thats probably as to the 'WHY' of IT never going to far in the EVOLUTION of firearms development!

:wavey:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Glad you had fun. Those old revolving carbines are nice to look at but as you said, they sure do spit fire.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
They are also notorious for chain fire. (Colt's) In the civil war the approved method was to use the non-firing hand to hold the loading lever down to fire; not to use the fore end for support since there was a good chance of two or three balls flying out of the chambers and taking off the support hand. Not exactly a confidence builder. I had this happen with an old .44 replica revolver and it's not a pleasant experience. Lucky I was using a one hand hold!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ah c'mon Brass........nipples are for squaws!! :nyah:

Just kidding, I always wanted one of those. They are just so unique.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The also make a stock attachment for the later percussion Colt revolvers. 1860 model maybe? They look neat but I sure wouldn't want cap fragments that close to my face and eyes.

RIKA

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to be honest FRIENDS! my cheek-bone area still 'burns' and i'm hopin' my 'life-filled weatherd lined" mug WON'T take a permenant 'set' as i shot that first AND last 'sauce-pan' group off-hand! knowing that EACH thumb of the HAMMER/TRIGGER SQUEEZE would bite/sting me AGAIN!

[sometimes a man has JUST GOT TO HANG-TOUGH!] :roflmao1:

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flinter said:
Ah c'mon Brass........nipples are for squaws!! :nyah:

Just kidding, I always wanted one of those. They are just so unique.

:roflmao1: oh,you bastard!,,,i'll "*****-wrestle" you fer yer least favorite
FLINCH-LOCK! :dgrin:

·
Registered
465 Posts
RIKA said:
The also make a stock attachment for the later percussion Colt revolvers. 1860 model maybe? They look neat but I sure wouldn't want cap fragments that close to my face and eyes.

RIKA
I have carried the 1860 stock and 3 .44's in several CW tactical re enactments as well as a woods walk and I like it but it does spit fire and lead. I have more than once swung it up in a response situation and grabbed the barrel not the grip with the off hand and burned the crap outa myself. In its defence it does give you a lot of firepower quick as compared to a rifle musket at close range. I yave taken out multiple targets in tacticals by opening at close range and dumping 24 rounds in less than a minute as opposed to 3 rounds.

Rhino

BTW I also havwe a stock for my Colt's second model dragoon now THAT spits fire!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts